NOTE: Trending Tickers is an index compiled exclusively by Yahoo Finance every day. It’s a list of companies whose stocks are seeing the biggest bump in interest as measured by your Yahoo Finance Ticker searches.
Making the list today, as measured by your Yahoo Finance Ticker searches, are:
- Linn Energy (LINE) is still getting some buzz today after CNBC’s Jim Cramer told viewers to sell it earlier this week
- Papa John’s (PZZA) Pizza up over 2% today and getting some buzz
- People are checking in with coal stock Walter Energy (WLT) after investors sold off earlier this week
- Another miner, Vale (VALE) is also garnering some interest as the company awaits the fate of a one billion dollar investment in an iron ore mine in Guinea
But our trending ticker today is a little closer to home: Boyd Gaming (BYD)
Boyd’s stock is up more than 12% this week and 22% year to date. The casino owner got a boost last week when activist investor Elliott Associates announced they would take a 5% stake in the company.
Boyd was further buoyed by news this week that Atlantic City’s Borgata, a casino they have a 50% stake in, posted a 14% gain in online revenues in February.
The online gambling business is surging after new jersey legalized such websites late last year and Borgata is taking the lead in the space.
Boyd is giving up some of this week’s gains today as the fifteen ratings analysts who cover the firm have labeled it a consensus hold.
That’s your trending ticker for today. We’ll see you back here Monday.
- Australia International News
- Linn Energy
- Boyd Gaming