Making the list today - as measured by your Yahoo Finance Ticker searches - are:
- VeriSign (VRSN) - the company that controls the registry systems of dot-com and dot-net web addresses is trading much lower on news that the US government is relinquishing control of web address management
- Sirius (SIRI) - the company getting buzz now that a buyout from Liberty media seems to be off the table
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) - the maker of the popular Kuerig coffee machines is set to join the s&p 500
- JA Solar Holdings (JASO) - the world's largest solar cell manufacturer getting attention after posting a big earnings beat
And today’s Trending Ticker...Hertz Global Holdings (HTZ)
The car rental giant is up more than 5% today on news that they will soon spin off their equipment rental business to the tune of 4.5 billion dollars.
This arm of hertz deals with industrial rentals of construction tools like drillers and other heavy duty vehicles.
The spin off notwithstanding, a boost in the wider travel and leisure sector is surely helping Hertz’s share price as well. The airline industry (^XAL) is up 11 percent year to date and major hotel chains like Marriott (MAR) and Hyatt (H) are up 10 percent and 6 percent respectively.
That’s your trending ticker for today. We’ll see you back here tomorrow.
- Investment & Company Information
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters