NOTE: Trending tickers is an index compiled exclusively by Yahoo Finance every day. It’s a list of companies whose stocks are seeing the biggest bump in interest as measured by your Yahoo Finance Ticker searches.
Making the list of Trending Tickers today are:
- Dick’s Sporting Goods (DKS) who reported a 7% profit bump in Q4 today.
- Urban Outfitters (URBN) who reported an EPS beat and inline revenue in their most recent earnings
- eBay (EBAY) makes the list after the company rejected potential board members nominated by activist investor Carl Icahn
- JC Penney (JCP) has Wall Street buzzing after Citigroup upgraded the stock to a “buy”
And our trending ticker today, Plug Power (PLUG)
The fuel cell maker is up a whopping 565% so far this year and an unheard of 5,900 percent in the last twelve months. It continues its trip skyward with another 10% bump today.
The most recent surge in the stock began with two big deals earlier this year: one with Walmart (WMT), to power the company’s forklifts at six distribution centers, and a second with FedEx (FDX) to supply hydrogen fuel cell range extenders for some delivery trucks.
The massive move in the stock price and the success of other alternative fuel companies like Tesla (TSLA), Fuel Cell Energy (FCEL) and Ballard Power Systems (BLDP) has prompted some to suggest there’s a fuel cell bubble ready to burst.
We’ll be keeping an eye on all these names in the weeks to come just in case.
That’s your trending ticker for today. We’ll see you back here tomorrow.
Merrill Lynch is not responsible for the editorial content of this blog
- Australia International News
- Renewable Energy & Energy Saving
- Urban Outfitters