It was a tough week for the IRS (and gold) but not so for stocks: Friday capped four straight weeks of gains for Wall Street as the Dow and S&P 500 climbed to fresh new highs, continuing the "relentless rally" that has given investors a fantastic year -- in just six months.
What should headline-watchers and investors be looking out for next week? Here are some of the highlights ahead, including two very special Yahoo! Finance events.
Monday, May 20
- At least two more hearings on the IRS scandal regarding targeting of conservative groups will take place this week
- Earnings: Campbell Soup (CPB), TiVo (TIVO)
- Fed Speaker: Charles Evans
- Breakout segments scheduled: The fear of Fed tapering is overblown: Don Hays; Don't hope for gold and silver recoveries: Louise Yamada; The Japanese economy: Jim Rogers
- Daily Ticker segments scheduled: 8:30 am — Don't Piss off Jamie Dimon: He's America's best banker (Howard Davidowitz); Jim Rogers on the commodities supercycle
Tuesday, May 21
- JPMorgan (JPM