Short sellers are typically pretty sharp, and have a much better batting average than longs. 1.3 million shares short is nothing to sneeze at of course, but its not even 2% of the float....I actually think the short number here isn't due to bears trying to profit from a fall, but is the result of accumulators trying to shake the tree to scare off impatient and price sensitive retail holders....and while I'm sure they succeeded to at least some degree.....
1.3 million may just have to go down to the cost of doing business....no point whining about it, its the way the market functions.
Yes it has and thats why I bought 30k about 2 years ago. They are getting better and doing a good job of it.
Where's barkingdog been lately? Did he loss it all shorting and have to be put down by a vet yet?
- Net income available to common shareholders for the quarter ended December 31, 2014 totaled $1.0 million, a $447 thousand increase over the comparable period in 2013
- Net income available to common shareholders for the year ended December 31, 2014 totaled $9.3 million, a $5.2 million increase over 2013
- Continued improvement in credit quality results in a 43.5% annual decline of non-performing assets
- Company returns to growth as gross loans increase by 2.8% in 2014
- Year-to-date average core deposits increase 2.4% as the Company emphasizes a retail funding strategy
- Company improves regulatory standing with the termination of the FRB's memorandum of understanding
- Company commits to major portfolio diversification and market expansion in 2014 by launching Shore Premier Finance, expanding Gateway Bank Mortgage throughout the geographic footprint, establishing a new lending presence in Raleigh, North Carolina and opening a Baltimore, Maryland loan production office
Even the doubters have to be surprised at how poorly this performed ... things must be bad.