This from the original tender offer:
"Following successful completion of the tender offer, JAB will acquire all remaining shares not tendered in the offer through a second-step merger at the same price as in the tender offer."
I still think the holders will get a better price. If not, what did we lose? A couple months of .001% interest from our broker?
So Microcrap know it all??????
So who did the right thing by selling out after idiots like you made people believe a higher offer was coming and the stock went over the purchase price? Now all the people who listened to you will get $16 minus whatever fees their brokers charge for the transaction.
$30 for CBOU??? You are a microcrap analyst. THe stock was worth $12, people who got over $16 like me ran with it while idiots like you talk a good game.
Microcrap says don't tender. I said sell when it was $16.50. Guess who was right?
If you don't tender and you do the dissenting thing, hope you don't want your money for a long time.
Issues involving valuation metrics aside, are there other potential suitors for CBOU? Any willing to bid $16? There's MN-based GIS, but I don't know if there could be a fit there or not. Ideas and specific companies appreciated.
and you think the Germans will stick around? I've been involved in dissenters rights deals pal. Ask around in Minnesota for what happened to the dissenters in Grand Casinos. Stock prices don't lie. The stock was trading at $12 because it was not worth more than $16. The stock is trading exactly as it would if the deal was about to close. Look at the options, look at everyone who knows what they are doing.
You keep posting though and keep making excuses to those who didn't sell when the stock was $16.30. Hopefully they have brokers who won't charge them for the tender exchange and stuff so they don't get less than $16.
Read the 14D-9 a little more closely, my friend:
Parent and Purchaser will provide dissenters’ rights modifications as follows: (a) the time period by which dissenting shareholders of the Company may demand payment in accordance with MBCA Section 302A.473, Subd. 4(b) shall be extended from within 30 days after notice is given by the Company pursuant to MBCA Section 302A.473, Subd. 4(a) to within 60 days of said notice and (b) the defendants in the actions will waive all rights to seek attorneys’ fees in connection with a dissenters’ rights proceeding pursuant to MBCA Section 302A.473, Subd. 8, from any shareholders of the Company who properly demand dissenters’ rights under Minnesota law
the stock would not be below $16 if the deal was going to be reworked at a higher price or there was no risk of it falling through.
We will not be selling a single share we own into this tender, nor will Gabelli I suspect. And the smart money is saying it goes for more than $16. Time will tell.
in case you haven't noticed by the stock price, it is over pal. Anyone who did not sell when the stock was over the tender price will get $16. If the Germans were going to pay more, the stock would still be higher. You should be more concerned that tools like Microcrap and bullies like Gabelli made the Germans decide it was not worth it. Then you can have a $12 stock that you think is worth $30.
There was a reason why the stock traded at $12 for a long time, because that is what it was worth.
Unfortunately I listened to microcap analyst and a lawyer that contacted me and did not sell my shares in Caribou when the stock was above the tender price. I also told my broker I would not tender my shares. Now that it looks like Microcap was wrong, do you know what will happen to those who do not tender their shares? Will I be holding illiquid worthless shares?
Thanks for your help. You are a breath of fresh air in an Internet full of scam artists."
I really don't know how to answer this question. I did tell him to contact Microcap and demand he buys their shares but I also told him to contact his broker and see if he can change his decision and tender his shares.
Anyone know if it is a forced tender once the Germans get over 50%?