I admit it's a cruddy company, but the risk/reward on shorting a 20 CENT stock is not good, all it would take is another bogus press release and you are way under water when it doubles to 40 cents.
As a general rule....
when you find a great stock, buy and hold forever, unless it someday has very bad news.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Co announced that the European Medicines Agency's (EMA.TO) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has adopted a positive opinion for continuous oral treatment with REVLIMID in adult patients with previously untreated multiple myeloma who are not eligible for stem cell transplantation.
The CHMP reviews applications for all 28 member states in the European Union, as well as Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland. The European Commission, which generally follows the recommendation of the CHMP, is expected to make its final decision in approximately two months.
If approval is granted, detailed conditions for the use of this product will be described in the Summary of Product Characteristics, which will be published in the revised European Public Assessment Report.
It would seem that you would learn your lesson, on Dec. 15th on this board you posted a similar thread entitled "painful, bought at $116", so you are at least up on that trade. ;)
More likely you just are another short with a pathetic attempt to generate some FUD around the stock. IF you are a long, then use something as simple as the moving average. If you use just the yahoo charts and pick a 10 day moving average with a 3 month chart (which I've found good for biotechs I own), then over the last three months if you'd bought when the stock was below that line you'd make money all the time.
CELG wouldn't benefit from a merger. They have the best pipeline. GILD's hep C has a lot of competition on the horizon
VVUS is a penny stock -- big POS. The company is run by First Manhattan, a hedge fund who knows nothing about the pharmaceutical industry, and their obesity drug is a mix of 2 existing generics. One ingredient, Topimirate, is highly toxic and can cause all kinds of problems. A black box product.
Sentiment: Strong Sell
I think the bigger question is why did you buy at all up at 119 when it was down to 110 just a few days ago.
RBC-positive front-line Revlimid EU recommendation - new $1 billion+ indication.We like CELG here for 2015+ based on potential settlement on Revlimid patents and 2020 guidance
Celgene Corp. (NASDAQ:CELG; USD 116.48)
Finally positive front-line Revlimid EU recommendation, increasing visible growth
FIRST GLANCE | COMMENT
December 19, 2014
RBC Capital Markets, LLC
Michael Yee (Analyst)
John Chung (Associate)
Long-overdue front-line myeloma indication gets positive recommendation - increasing visibility on long-term growth...
The EU CHMP board issued a positive recommendation for approval for Revlimid for front-line myeloma use (in transplant ineligible pts) based on the MM-020 study, etc. This is 1) a fundamental positive and consistent with our bullish CELG thesis because Revlimid now has a new $1B+ indication to go after and had zero front-line sales in EU but is doing $1B in US already...this helps the 2017+ growth trajectory and beyond; 2) recommendation seems a bit early and should get formal "approval" in a couple months which is earlier than spring 2015 which most had thought/guided to; 3) removes some near-term uncertainty that it was only downside risk and not much upside for the stock but now the recommendation is formal...
We note some investors may point to fact that recommendation was for transplant "ineligible" pts and not "full" front-line including transplant eligible. However the indication they got addresses 65-70% of the front-line market and was at least the base case and we are clear that very few investors would think they'd get the full label. The rest of the 30%+ of the market can be addressed through other Phase III studies we are waiting on longer-term follow-up on OS (CALGB study, and IFM study that are not mature yet...).
We like CELG here for 2015+ based on potential settlement on Revlimid patents and down the line...2020 guidance that gives even more visible growth to investors and