You sound like a person who equates productivity to activity......I have to
disagree with you.
Patience and NOT pulling the buy or sell trigger can sometimes be the best
move an investor can make...!
Identifying firms and being disciplined to wait for your price valuation before
an investor acts IMO is a lot more important than just ''doing something more
productive here while we wait for CELG'' .......
Also, I don't really worry about the evil analysts who ruin all investments.......they
have conflicting interests and are wrong as much as they are correct. Why focus
on these market participants...?
best of luck to you
There is always other sectors to make money lol. Right now May seem to favor my Healthy Eating stocks. HAIN reported inline earnings this morning and popped over 8%.
So garp and bio ...why don't we do something more productive here while we wait for cel-turd to trip to $85 before taking a few years to return to $110. I suggest we debate the age old question of "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" ...I say 6.
It's going to be a long wait for the longs.
CELG is historically cheap. I haven't seen it trade at 14x forward earnings in years. I think at $100 its cheap. I also realize the market can me very irrational for very long periods of time and it could get cheaper.
I am calling the stock an over valued "turd" The company does good work. It's just a shame that the wall street analyst clowns have duped so many with their lofty price targets. It's a crime.
Your going off technical though not fundamentals. Calling a company "turd" infers its a bad company. I called for this pull back to $85 to $90 on technical like 6 months ago. There is a big difference between the company and the stock. When I buy a core position, I don't consider price at al. I go by the fundamentals and valuation. When I trading around that position, I go by technical. Half the time I agree with the bears and half the time I agree with the bulls.
I had 2 bids open for CELG at 99.31 and 90.28 for buying back my trading position. Today, I canceled the 99.31 bid and left the 90.28 bid open. There are no triple bottoms. I think if we go below $100 again, we will see those lows I called for at $85 to $90.
Over time, currency adjustments balance out .........
A pre-election market summer selloff could bring CELG & other
biotechs down to low levels prior to the prez election....
If CELG drops to around $ 90.....watch JNJ closely...!
There is a clear difference between company fundamentals and market short term trends. I think the markets going lower, but that means I want to buy good value companies with great futures a head of them. Only traders care about the short term gyrations of the market.
The market knows that Clinton will win ...this is guaranteed as Trump is an idiot and will fail in the general election. Haven't I been saying that cel-turd is going down all along?? But everyone seems to want to insult me for my views.
That's our biggest issue this year and next. Many of the new indications coming for our current drugs are for outside the US. That just makes the currency issue bigger. I like to look at constant currency growth since that is apple to apples for demand and real growth. We were at 21% this quarter which is very good. I also agree that this sector is a shooting gallery on politics of the election. I think it bottoms ahead of the election at some point. By the time people realize the bottoms it we will be 20% or more off the lows. Maybe still too early in May, but politics won't stock acquisitions which the shorts never consider. That might not apply to CELG with its market cap, but it does to all my spec biotechs.
Bio & all others
I still think CELG and the large biotech stocks will stay weak until the US prez
election is completed.....
Dem H Clinton has made harsh statements regarding the drug companies & I still
feel that this market is fearful of sustained buying of biotech stocks, above 2015 levels
prior to her possibly being election Commander in Chief.....
more sector weakness than specific weakness or lack of future growth prospects
I don't know, but there could be a general stock market sell off that takes CELG
under $ 95 in 2016.....a 94 handle is a nice price for CELG
Agreed Revlimid is widely prescribed in the EU......in fact a large portion of myeloma
drug research is conducted in the EU.
Maybe you should sell your cel-turd ...then it might go up. Doubt it though. Only a miracle buyout will save this stock. But that implies the "Greater Fool" theory.
A lot of that has to do with Abraxane. Revlimid is doing way better then expected though. Currency is a real pain but a short term headwind. The big growth will start in 2018 with Ozanimod then 2019 with Mongersen. In those years and early 2020's we could get growth rates closer to 30 up to 50%. From 2018 we will go from about 13B in sales to over 21B by 2020 and I expect closer to 25B by Mid next decade.
Ahh...remember the days when cel-turd was $140, $130, $120, $111 (last week).
Now just a distant memory ...like the warm summer days of your youth. Never to come again.
Cel-turd never fails to disappoint.