We are up 30 cents on substantial volume of 203,307 shares so far after the close. Does anyone know what is going on?
And, why is there so little quality participation on this board? For a company like MNTA, I'd expect to see more active participation by knowledgeable shareholders.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
MNTA's point and figure view in gallery view in stockhcarts shows a price objective of $38.50!...
okay it is not really funny... it is hazardous to the health... I am loosing sleep and when driving drifting to the side of the road when I think about it.... moo k
thanks for the info. I really like the biosimilar aspect much more than the novel drug part. If, and that's a big if, they get the approval for their processes so they don't have to jump through all the hoops with each new product, the company will be hugely successful. I have been following biosimilars since Ted Kennedy tried to get congress to allow the FDA to approve them. I want to buy more, but really am confused by some of the day to day stuff. If as you said, the sp stays flat after ASCO, that may be a good sign for something happening later in the year or 2016.
Thinking more that ASCO presentation not ground breaking, just more of the same confirming dosage and no adverse effects . Continuing till end of year that's when more data can show increased efficacy or not. So the sale of shares sets up capital for partnerships cash requirements going forward, or continued trials with Necuparanib for other indications, maybe even Ivig pre clinical indication work. Income from any Glatopa still questionable and iffy at best( big wait and see) September keeps coming closer. Do not see bad news as that would set them up poorly given recent offering legally. Somebody picked up those shares and probably smarter than me. I did notice that Ganesh has not sold much of anything and everybody got big stock awards on approval, with more at launch.
I am trying to understand MNTA. I really like the biosimilar aspect but, why sell 8 mil shares for $19 one week before ASCO. If MNTA is going to make a good case, which should raise the share price,why wouldn't they wait, then sell the shares. One dollar a share more = another $8 mil. I can only deduce the presentation will not be good. Any better ideas I'm missing?
few shares in the low19s. many shares available in mid to high... GS, JP, and Stiffel stand to make $32Mill + as they exercise their option to buy the remaining 1 million + shares... 22%+ broker fees ain't too shabby at all... it'd be interesting to see the buyers... short increased over a million prior to Glatopa news, let's see if they're using this opportunity to cover... moo k
You people are taking me wrong! i like this company and will buy in on tuesday!! i think this company can grow into a monster! i'm just looking for other opinions nothing more!! god bless all. take care.
Not at all how that court case decision would work but hey good try to cause a stir.
This is why they may also need to raise money! or maybe just buy amphastar out right!! j m h o. take care all.
No way to fend of hostile bid= they offer, bring it to shareholders and if it's north of 50 bucks this gets taken out. Wait for 13F's to come out to see which big boys (if any) added big positions from offering .Also check short interest from NASDQ in a month to see if any body closed positions.
I honestly believe and you can quote in two years that this is a $100/share drug stock without current notice!!
Led by two generals that advised in the matter Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase are steering Momenta to greener pastures and helped to build the war chest! Jacob Gottlieb from Visium Hedge Fund bought 3 million before the offering, I wonder how much he par took in the event.
It is clear and obvious that there is a ton of pent up value in this company. It is starting to master the BioSim space with the FDA calling their Biosim of Copaxone interchangeable!! Next on the slate is Humira ($13 billion Biosim in development with) Baxter Healthcare. Wouldn't be surprised in a partner tries to consolidate. There is too much pent up value here, Necuparinib is the huge biotech windfall awaiting progress reports. They are orphaned and fast tracked with this drug and news is coming in June to update its progress. They were fast tracked because it has shown incredible signs for a Pancreatic cancer compound! The deadliest of cancers, yet hardly anyone has mentioned this in research or news updates. Get ready things are going to get wild and ballistic, very soon when the Investment world sees the progress here!!
MNTA's potential partners with their other programs would want to deal with a financially solid company to see that the programs will succeed...
Craig Wheeler mentions this in 1Q conference call...
"The second is it gives potential partners more confident that we’re going to have the capital needed to get the kind of deal we’re looking for that with just one move, they actually have Copaxone like economics on the biosimilars. And so that’s going to require us to put capital out there and obviously having an approval gives our partners comfort that we’re going to add some revenue streams coming in."
this means that a partner is ready to sign provided MNTA has the money to ensure that it can carry out its part of the bargain... with about $350 mill in the bank, MNTA can now say, " have beacoup bucks will partner".... I expect an announcement soon!... moo k
After getting $10 Million, they go begging for more. Think an "at risk" launch stupid, just remember who gave away the testing process for M-enox. Of course if your stock is selling above $20 then sell 8 million shares at only $19 per share makes a lot of sense. You were hoping for a buy-out? Well they just reduced your share by 15%
It is up to Sandoz to make any launch. I think the data that will be presented on July 1, for Necuparanib is what this offering will be used to move forward on their fast track designation and testing. If all the shorts pull out do to this offering, well no squeeze but still a bright spot and endorsement for the future.