Why would there have been yesterday's announcement? They just said all that stuff in the UBS presentation, right? They must want everyone to be aware of the status--why? My guess is that the so-called "very late stage" negotiations are really at or near the end. Maybe I'm just HOPING too much. But that's the only explanation I can come up with for yesterday's simple repetition of what we all heard less than a couple of weeks ago. Any ideas for me?
Enthusiasm about a company is good, but you're barrage of posts begin to make this look like a pumped stock. As a new investor to AMPE, I'd suggest backing off a little as you me now second guessing whether this was a good buy.
What if the general market falls and people start getting margin calls, if they are short on AMPE, they will have to cover. Watch AMPE go higher. SEE A SHRINK IF SHORT ON THIS ONE!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I don't think that it had much to do with UBS// I think it's the trial results that are in play! If they are good, the stock will fly. In the meantime, the stock can go much higher until that point!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Its been a good few weeks. I think the conference at UBS was very beneficial for the company's stock. Maybe the presentation could have been better. It certainly could have been worse. Either way, it got the company in front of some institutions. Institutions will take (at least) a few days to look further into a company before any kind of decisions relative to investment. What we are seeing is just a little "toe dipping." After all, even 1,000,000 shares is only just north of $5M of investment - a mere pittance from an institutional perspective. Institutional investing has yet to arrive. When it does, we will know - in spades.
However, this uptick in volume and maybe some very, very light institutional investment has brought the stock up to a level where sub-$3 short interest needs to cover to prevent greater losses. Some short die-hards will hang on. Once (or if) we pass $7, the sub-$4 shorts will really start to scramble, and we should see a huge gain.
I don't think we will hear anything on Zertane this week. I just doubt the company would give an update on Monday, and then announce a done deal within the week. If it was that close to announcing the deal, wouldn't they just wait until the announcement? Who knows, but my guess is no announcement this week.
I think that is really great news as the stock is rising nicely anyway and forming a higher platform from which to launch when (or if) an announcement is made.
It has been a long (pun intended) ride for a lot people. Hopefully this time the price rises will hold and single digits will be a long lost memory.
"what if you are wrong?"
Then I lose some money and move on. Part of investing...
"Do you just keep betting against something?"
In this case, yes, and I have been adding to my AMPE short. I'm pretty confident I will make money off this turd.