Thanks for your post.
Small correction: " Recently, Intuitive won a negligence case by a jury vote of 10 to 2. That verdict will impact on other pending cases". Actually this was old news from 2013, spun by Bloomberg as fresh news to keep their negative narrative going. Let's hope the best is yet to come.
Good summary Endo. I caught the same Bloomberg 1year old new as if it happened yesterday....I would be embarrassed to write an article announcing the results of 2012 elections as if the just occurred last night. Notice in the article they didn't even mention that it was 1 year old to the day...just sort of forgot that 2013 is not the same as 2014. On another topic...Endo and Von and if Fish still is out there, the Medtronics /Covidien deal will free up about 10 to 15 $Billion to purchase med equipment companies. NVDQ at ~$1 Billion (15% premium) is well within the scope of their prowlings. I would hate to see it and since they are a Canadian company the tax advantages are not as strong, but still as a one stop-shop for Hospitals, to get NVDQ in-house would be a plum. A 100% premium (~$30@) would be a steel but might entice enough shareholders to part with their shares. Medtronics/Covidien with their vast marketing departments could push NVDQ's products into hospitals in a small fraction of the time it will take NVDQ. Good for Metronics, bad for current NVDQ longs, but this is Capitalism. Let me know what you think, but please don't tell Medtronics just in case they haven't though of this yet.
An other twist is what would J&J do now that they are feeling the greater threat from a larger, more capitalized, tax advantaged player in their space. They might want to make an offer to NVDQ as a preemptive strike.
With the current pps of ~15...
and we compound at 40% (growth) going out 5 years, we come up with a pps of 80.
Now that's a buyout price I could live with!
added more at 21.25; buying momentum high,
hopefully not the same result as nvdq and it's momentum;
I'll hold this similar to you fellows holding nvdq;
with 30m outstanding, and 9m float; aeri could move, and there is a
need for something break through.
Anderson, Endo, sold aeri premarket this morning @ 29.40;
lesson learned from nvdq: The day that nvdq declined from an open high
of 24.09 to a low of 20.12, (4/14/14); the exit trade should have
been in the premarket on the news of cannacord upgrade.
On June 24th NOVADAQ presented at the JMP Securities Healthcare Conference. My apologies for not alerting ahead of the talk, but it is archived on the company site.
This is the first I have listened to the Vice President of Operations, Roger Deck, as presenter. The talk was fairly usual in terms of information and format as compared to others given lately. Though not quite as polished as Arun, Roger was more than competent as a spokesperson.
One item that got my attention was that there has been a marked rise in Firefly utilization over last two months due to its increased use in cholecystectomy. (I still think a new, full-color, enhanced Firefly will happen soon. Just look at the difference between the Pipoint and Firely slides.)
On the Lifecell saga, talks continue, Lifecell is anxious to extend the agreement and is open to terms more favorable to Novadaq. However, Novadaq isn’t convinced Lifecell management is as aligned with with them now as they were in the past.
Pressure is still being applied as evidenced from the talk:
Lifecell has done a great job at getting into plastic surgery but that’s a relatively small market. We could get much broader penetration within a hospital to take advantage of lots of other opportunities that they haven’t really worked on so far.
Agreed. It was just nice to see significant buys instead of red bars for what I believe is a significantly undervalued stock. Woot, woot! for our 5% gain today. GLTA
Sentiment: Strong Buy
The 330k was probably done as a "mezzanine" trade...negotiated off the retail market. There was ~3 or 4 multiple thousand shares blocks sold in the last few seconds that drove the price down 30 cents. These shares were filled on the open market and there was no commensurate demand on the other side, thus the large drop for what was a small fraction of the days volume ~1%. This is why large institutional block trades are usually done as "mezzanine" trades then recorded on the open market once complete.
Hope this helps Mr B.
If you wanted to sell 300k shares...something not uncommon for a mutual fund or institution as we close the quarter and they want to rebalance or move to another sector of the market, how would you do it? If you see someone offer 20k shares at a price, the market immediately responds, realizing someone wants to sell at a given price, by dropping their offer price in expectation that they need to and will subsequently lower their ask price. This is repeated multiple times in an effort to sell the full complement of 20k shares and the net impact is the seller has to take a lower net than the market would have otherwise given.
There is another "way" around this, they offer 20k shares but only allow them to be seen 100 or 200 shares at a time. Once the 100 shares are taken, the next 100 share offering is instantly revealed...200 times! You will see this often especially with NVDQ. On the whole, neither of these or even the "30 cent" impact of Wednesday will move the stock from it's market seeking "neutral" point. Thus the following day the NVDQ price pressed another 14 cents higher as once again the aggregate demand exceeded the aggregate supply.
Short term mismatches will occur in free markets...its the nature of the mechanism, but it is the best and fairest (not crooked) way existing to date.
You can see if the Ask or Bid price is what was the transaction price and also if any remainder Asks or Bids of the same price remain after the trade. It is not foolproof but it seems to work.
Sometime during the next month, the company will report 2nd quarter results. Unless the marketing effort has fallen on hard times we should have an excellent comparative quarter. 2nd quarter results for 2013 were $8.1 million in revenues, $3.3 million in recurring revenues, and a net loss of $9.7 million.
It will also be interesting to see the changes in total and institutional exposures for the 2nd quarter, which we should begin seeing shortly.
This message board is understandably quiet as we wait to see the above. Hope all is well with all of you.
Glad to hear you are still in the game. I sold some shares last week, but bought back yesterday. Overall, this stock has weathered this market beat down than most of my others. Plus, it has great potential. Patience has paid off before, and it will again. GLTA longs.
Sentiment: Strong Buy