tony - until this week your were Strong Sell, shares were going to zero...what happened? bash one way, then pump the other? I guess we'll know when you sell - right?
you are wrong I own exel and huge short position and even after good news stock went up modestly.As I stated hope I am wrong
How did SNTA get this high profile person to head up the company. Maybe she knows something the rest of us don't. If this company hits a homerun she will have a huge payday. GLTA.
I have been holding on for so long on SPPI and it has been a disappointment. This stock will never go up until
Raj and his management goes. I think they are the reason this stock is being shorted all the time. Nobody
have confidence in this management team. They never deliver.
Wrong........as short sellers unwind their position,this takes downward pressure off the stock.
Hedge funds will unwind their position because volume will continue to pick up and they know more money can be made going long.
There were,but even more so now,a heckuva lot of extremely seasoned, talented,experienced members on the BOD.
Whitaker's arrival cements that Ganetespib is going in a positive direction.
Short sellers are easing out and going long now obviously because buyers will keep coming into the game.
$30 plus in a year or less?I can be patient as I see steady results and upward movement.
The long wait for a CEO with solid credentials was worth it.
Efficient use of capital?SYNTA can wait a few qtrs at a much higher price to float more stock out.
IMO,when this happens,mgmt will be selling at a higher price than the stock is worth on the mkt.
Volume should continue to steadily increase as will the price
Sentiment: Strong Buy
If you look at the past, this stock tends to make runs, and we're just seeing the start of one. Whether it'll make it to $6 or not I'm not sure, but we should clear $5 on this run up. Best of luck longs.
excuse me Harvard boy - how many shares were used in the EPS calculation at quarter end vs. when the estimate was originally made earlier? that's a nice trick huh? sell a bunch of new shares before end of the quarter so you can reduce the loss/share.
$3.50 before $5.00
Good take. I'd agree with your take with exception to them 'going it alone'. I think his comments spoke to the fact that they will ultimately require more funding, and that they have to plan to hits these milestones without relying on any outside funding...since they will not be able to control the terms of their possible / eventual commercial agreement. I believe the Safi Bahcall approach was more of one that the Company would go-it-alone, which ultimately played out with his departure. I don't believe this is the collective view of this board...
One point to consider...with new leadership, you hope to provide them some positive momentum as they take the helm. Would not be overly shocked to see more communication of clinical data in the 4th quarter after Whitaker takes the role.
I'd suspect that if the Company gets positive news that rallies the stock, and gains more interests from the institutions, they will look to sell a major chunk of the open shelf in order to fund operations (without any partnership) into 2Q2016. As a shareholder, I am pleased (regardless of the price of equity financing) that the Company is sufficiently capitalized through 2015.