Hi min. In my opinion, most likely in Q1 Earning Report, there should be a detailed announcement as to how they are going to handle the reverse split whether to proceed before the merger completion (Spept.31st), OR move the listing to NASDAQ Capital Market starting June 1st to gain another 6 months. Simply put, at this very moment, the whole thing including merger plan itself is in the hands of business people, not in doctors' and researchers' which means they (the business men - institutional investors, Mr. Kovner and Mr. Friedman (CEO elected for the new merged company and the current director of snta) and his wife (the current director of Midregal), will try their best to promote their own interests that happens to be perfectly in-line with the other shareholders like ourselves. As a trader, I do trade. But in this snta case, I am watching (and kind of enjoying it at the same time) because I know it will be the matter of how much profit I will be making. Reverse split before or after merger? I really don't think it matters. Personally, I would prefer pps moves over $1 and then 1:10 split at which pps to be $10 with about 40 million shares outstanding whether or not before/after merger.
New here too and got some shares a couple days ago. Question. What about the reverse split? Seems like everybody is already well aware of it and agreeing why it is needed to be done. This is very positive point because in most cases with other stocks, the reverse split usually comes in as an attack like an earthquake. Do you think the reverse split will happen before or after the merger completion? Thanks.
I can surely be wrong, but imho based on what the short trade trend has been showing so far, the pps will gradually rise to .40 +/- level next week to beginning part of May, and then it may start shoot up again responding to Q1 Earning Report as I am thinking there should be some more positive news coming. (Remember? The merger was preplanned and put together by SNTA director(s) and investor Kovner. And I am certain there is something that they are not disclosing yet.) If this surge happens, the very heavy effort to drive the pps over to $1 will impact the market that it can actually be possible.
I'm new to snta. What is your short term pps forecast. Please be free to share your opinion because I am gonna hold you liable.
This was the lowest shorting volume ever since I started to watch after galaxy trial termination. Short movement tells much about the share price for short-term trend (2 ~ 3 weeks and even further out to 3 ~ 6 months.) For SNTA, not having a lot of new short interests kicking in, and confirmed bottom from yesterday's closing, today will be the day for the remaining shorts to cover that pps will go down a little but without any significant variation at low trade volume. Tomorrow, we will see the green on the chart, but next week will be the week to witness the true uptrend in this stock. By the way, Zacks' Analysts finally initiated their interests on this stock, which can be good or bad (I never trust what Zacks say. They are always a tempo behind.) I am not going to post the short volume report anymore from tomorrow unless there is any significant issue or changes that we need to know. Good luck to you all, and Hope you the successful trading.
The remaining two alternate indications in Pre-Clinical are essentially worthless to a drug discovery company without a long capital runaway. They might be able to get either one or the other indication to the end of Phase II clinical trial for $100million and a subsequent sale to Big Pharma, but with a Boston spending pattern it would cost far more than that.
Even with Madrigal, they'll be piddling around with the alternate indications and most of the money Synta has left will be paying rent on over 80,000 sq ft. of Boston rental space and helping to bring Madrigal's drugs to market.
About $66M in cash according to it's 10-K. They were expected to last the rest of the year with that before the Madrigal deal materialized.
It shows green now ''' It should break through 41 cents that was the closing price on last Thursday, then the real bounce back will start. Hope it happens before the week ends.
Upside potential is too strong here that it is not a playground for shorties. Slow day but we may see green on the chart today. Rapid bouncing back is inevitable in short term imo.
How funny. Usually short bashers prevail but I see that they are all disappeared all of sudden. I like this board. Very informative and no unreasonable pumping here. Just sold a half of position in GALE and moved here. Keep up the good work gentlemen.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I don't follow anybody's opinions especially someone writing on the message board when it comes to trading stocks. But reading your posts for close to a month, I gotta tell you that you've been straight and right. I joined the party yesterday. (Question: Why are people here talking about only $1 ? Why not $2 or $5 or $10 - I'm not talking about the price after R/S. Let's be ambitious. The base is strong for the future.)
I am a day trader, but couldn't pass up this opportunity. Fundamental, Forward Looking and even Technical are all together in harmony. Just wanted to share. (FYI. I don't short stocks.)
Thanks Bio. As the present situation reflects itself, acquiring this stock at under a dollar will return the 'multibagger' profit in mid to long term. Fort short term (during next 2 ~ 3 weeks), any purchase under $0.60 will do great.