Disagree, because why wouldn't 'option buyer' buy the June17 $5 calls at a much cheaper premium to the Dec $5 calls? Zero open interest in the June $5s.
Live Stream vie MEERKAT, YOUTUBE, Facebook, Twitter etc is easier. GV already has accounts for these mediums. They should utilize them. Demonstrate to "The Street" we GOT THIS.
I saw an order imbalance of over 200k shares on the sell at the close Tuesday. Fat finger order or profit taking? 200k is 20 day-traders with 10k a piece....
Weather has always been an issue (and an excuse). Goldfield's SEP has worked outdoors for about 40 years.....they should have contract clauses that protect against such events!
call in with any questions. I've asked for this many times over the years but it has fallen on deaf ears.
Lets get with it Goldfield.....were in the age of the internet. This technology has been around over a decade now-there's no excuse!
Do you think CEO and management have not learned their lesson from what happened before?
All it takes to fix this issue is:
1) Do not sign unprofitable or bad deals. They can afford to be choosy now.
2) Put a clause or two in contract that says: "In case of flooding or other natural disaster GV will not be penalized for any delays..."
Airlines and others do this all the time. If I can think that and have very little experience in their business, you think the CEO cannot ? I don't think weather will be an issue again !!! The issue was mismanagement and sales people wanting their comissions for any contract they can sign...
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Do a google search. It seems it been raining heavily all the month of may in Texas and there is widespread flooding. Even worse apparently than the flooding that caused the huge losses on the Texas projects that caused GV to report back to back quarterly a year or so back. No way to know what effect that it might have on GV now because they do not share info except what is happening at the company except for a brief statement with the Q reports. No way of knowing what projects they have underway in Texas or how they might be effected again until you see the next q report.
I sold the last half of my shares yesterday because I can't risk my profits from the $1.60's on the chance they will report a disaster in a couple months from now and once again blame Texas flooding.
The best of luck to all here. Unlike most yahoo boards this is a good one.
Looks like the buyer is back. 600 more today. I'm beginning to suspect that there my be some major news coming out of the share holders meeting, and the option buyer is privy to it. What else would give someone that kind of confidence?
Being small can be good. Less drag on margins to move from place to place with smaller fleet doing smaller work and shorter duration jobs.
It also helps to be in the southeast these days and also in 'west' Texas with Prop 1 and soon Prop 7 should have some legs to let in coming years.
That said, this has gotten ahead of itself IMO but I'm holding what I have left for the ride up or down.
FDM - what are your thoughts on rev growth vs operating margins? GV has done so, but MYR, WG and PWR sure have a tough time maintaining decent margins.
Well if that is the way you look at it then good luck to you. But I'm not here to argue. Been following and trading GV for a long time and thought I throw out a tip.
Thanks, you are quite right. A price of at least $4 seems warranted by the company’s ttm performance. The annual meeting next week may provide further information on the prospects for continued growth. The GV subsidiary PCA website has listed 9 openings in the past 4 months.
and a 24 p/e- which is in-line with an average stock market multiple at the current moment-would yield over $9. but we won't mention that yet.