MJ- I just went back and read some of your posts. This one, of course tox studies not on humans, was pretty much my line of thinking also.
Aside from that, let me do some unabashed pumping of Anisina. As long as it has no cardio AE's as all the other anti-tropomysin candidates did, it will be huge! It's specificity to cancer cells tells me it will not have a cardio tox problem. Anti-microtubule drugs predominate now and Anisina's anti-filament effect will enable a significant dosage lowering of the current drugs with better results. Significantly lower the side-effects of current drugs and destroy more of the cancer at the same time. Use will not be limited to the cancer against which it first goes into trials. Off-label revenues will far outweigh those from indication it will originally be made for.
New CEO hasn't really given us much to work with, until yesterday. He's only been in for 3 months. As long as he's efficient behind the scenes (which we have no way of knowing), I'd give him a pass. With regard to the board, there are some pretty experienced members. They have set a policy of almost "news blackout" since GK's departure. I tend to think it's because the news flow (formal and informal) early last year was pretty loose and some of the predictions of "time to the clinical trials" were over-optimistic. While that helped with the CR, longer-term it led to disappointment that timelines were not being met. I think that was a large part of GK's departure (over-optimism).
As far as Anisina, the last I remember anything was January I think, when they showed how it has synergistic effect with microtubule affecting agent Docetaxel vs. prostate cancer. My guess is that they're doing tox studies on it now. The way things have been going lately, we'll have to wait for those to be published in a journal or presented at some conference. In other words, don't hold your breath.
Surf....give me your opinion of the current CEO and board? How confident are you in the way they're running the company, their ability to adhere to timelines, etc....Reason I ask you in particular, is you've been around this name for a while, and I know you're confident in the science, as am I. We are also way overdue for some news on Anisina, as things should be progressing towards clinical trials there as well.
KJ- Don't sell yourself short. For one, it means Novogen will be getting 100% of Cantrixil profits instead of giving !5% to Yale (as if Yale needs it). For another, it means they will be waiting for FDA and an Ethics Committee in the U.S. in addition to the Ethics Committee for Australia testing. They intend to do the studies in parallel in U.S. and Australia. Since the U.S. takes more time to get through all that and to trials, it means my estimate of by mid-July to clinical trials (Aus.) is blown out of the water.
On the upside, instead of just being tested in patients with malignant ascites, they are going to be testing vs. ovarian cancer which has not necessarily produced ascites yet. This significantly widens the scope of patients eligible for the trials.
Also, instead of seeing CanTx "website under construction" for another 12 months, we can look forward to seeing "website under demolition".
MJ- Re: not shareholder friendly, depends on how you view it. They have done a 180 from a year ago with respect to communicating any news If a day trader, one certainly does not like the change as there aren't as many gyrations in sp to trade. If an investor with a far-horizon outlook, it should not bother.
They will make a formal announcement when Ethics Committee has made approval to progress to clinical trials.
Regarding where the stock is trading, the market is both fickle and impatient. IMO, it's
casino-like, immediate-gratification skew does not always compensate early-stage pre-clinical bio-techs appropriately.
P.S.- MTM here also.
Trust me stockboy, I'm not telling anyone to sell. I own MUCH TOO MUCH of this stock right now. It would be nice, for example, if they could've announced the Cantrixil toxicity news via PR. That was definitely worthy news. The current stock price implies that their drug candidates are just sugar pills. Novogen is technically trading at cash levels in the bank. That's not right, IMO.
I kind of like it this way. They don't talk much, they do business. It is better to get something done and then announce it, instead of announcing empty expectations, running everyone hopes high, and then crushing them, like old management did. Thank you for causing little dip in share price, though. I picked up few shares at a better price. Please tell folks to keep selling. I need to average my cost down.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
They are definitely NOT a shareholder friendly company. If they were in need of capital, I'm certain they'd be communicating more frequently with shareholders and the investment community.
They were prompted to make that reply to the ASX because someone complained to the ASX that Novogen has not submitted Cantrixil tox results as a "price-sensitive" announcement on ASX yet. There are more than a few shareholders very anxious for the price to go up, either because they want to bail or just so they feel better about their holding. The corp. governance policy is the same as it's been since last year.
Soon as Ethics Committee gives it's approval re: Cantrixil tox, there will be a formal "price-sensitive" announcement. Feel free to continue to post headlines like the title of this thread!
Since some people been pointing out the slightest drop in price on ASX, I will be more than happy to report each increase. Price have risen 4.167% at last session of ASX. I think it os due to favorable corporate governance notice, showing the management is serious about being in compliance with rules and regulations. IMO they take same serious responsible approach to prepare for the first trial. Market liked it, thus jump in the price. Hopefully, it wii rise steadily from now till first trial, at which point price will JUMP.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Yep. Definitely Lady and the trump. But frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. I am buying NVGN.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Hard to say, after the final safety testing is done there are differences in the order of steps in the process to get to Ph 1 opening between Australia and the U.S. Also, in Australia, the process typically takes about 4 1/2 months but in U.S. typically 7-9 months (info from Novogen's website under the FAQ tab).
Company told Rusty02 that it is waiting for approval from the Ethics Committee before formally announcing anything. Typical timeline in Australia has the Human Research Ethic Application taking 2 months to prepare. As far as I can tell, the company has not stated whether they've completed that. The next step is Ethics Committee Approval combined with Site Research Governance Approval. Those two things combined typically take 50+ days.
So the Ethics Application Preparation plus the Committee Approval would take about 3 months if you subtract 3 weeks or so for the Site Governance Approval. When they had the final data from the recent in vivo toxicology study, they could have started working on preparing the Ethics application. (they wouldn't have had to wait on the AACR article or conference presentation to do that) Optimistically, if they started in mid-March, then 3 months would be mid-June before Ethics approval. To be even more optimistic, I reckon the Ethics Committee won't take their usual amount of time to approve, given that Ascites is an end-stage cancer for which there is no current treatment.
Tack on 2-3 weeks for Australia's Therapeutic Goods Administration and I end up with early July as to when Ph 1 could start in Australia.
As for where the share price will be by then, I have no idea. There's always the possibility of some announcement on Anisina progress happening, as it's been awhile on that one.
So you figure the formal announcement will come up sometime July/Aug and then clinical trials to start 3rd qtr? That would be good, if the price drops back a penny or two a day, it could be close to $2 or even less by then. I have $100k parked waiting to buy in for more. I know as soon as they go into trials the price will pop up to $3. I'm sitting on $5.50 avg right now. Long way to go.
And what makes you the genius DER.
GK said he was going to the non oncology area when he left, Novogen has a stable full of IP related to non oncology stuff, that already have links to the Feinstein institute. the Cancer stuff will be fine.
You are a total hyporcrite, you post BS on hotcopper all of the time, don't try and tell me where to get off you dimwit.
Really? At the rate they're going? You post some really dumb stuff over here. Maybe you should stick to the HC board, mate.