every console retailer is sold out. it seems there's high demand. But I don't have any figures. That'll follow probably in the next few weeks
i'm long, but in reading the stock twits, seems like they're not getting enough consoles to sell...is this so? is there a shortage
Xbox One sales will be good and lots of GME gift cards for teen Christmas presents. GME is underpriced by $10. $55 is a good price. Don't underestimate GME.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Harry has posted a Charts of the Day video on GME at TheTechTrader site noting: GameStop Corp. (GME) looks like a stock that’s about to collapse. It had a beautiful run-up this year, running from the mid-teens all the way up to the mid-50’s, and then it rolled over. This distinct drop bounced to the gap, failed and rolled over again, formed a very tight bear flag, but with the moving averages rolling over and having crossed over, and it deteriorating pretty rapidly, expect it to break and come down to 39, which is the next target.
You are early to that party. GME still has some good days ahead. have you been in a store lately? always packed...
Will be a good Holiday season.
GME, is the #9 in the S and P 500 with the most short intrest. Their has got to be a squeeze coming at these over sold levels. Even if we stay flat for a week, they will start to cover. JMHO
shorted a bunch more in the mid-50s. Stock price will follow sales trends which will follow fate of physical distribution of digital content......
Still short and still loving it. Here's the latest news:
- We are now seeing real digital-ONLY releases from MSFT. Peggle and Halo are DLO. Every next gen box sold will substantially increase the down-load propensity of each gamer. Industry is moving nicely from physical only to physical/digitial and (now beginning) to go digital only for all but the huge titles.
- Latest AAA releases all really struggling. Madden, BF4, COD, ACreed, Grand Turismo- all down badly from prior. November (biggest month of the year) expected down 13%.
- Next gen content is really old+new gen so not likely to actually inspire much excitement. Biggest titles are now delayed substantially in 2014. No one seems to think new consoles really change gaming experience anyway. This is not N64 to PS2 type generation.
- All this is before we see the effects of new storm clouds ahead: Steam box; Apple TV/Chromecast; iOS and Android mobile game controllers; F2P and in-game sales for console games.
- Oh, did I forget?? GME is a retailer. Brutal price competition and disappointing Xmas are hitting almost every retailer this year. Thanks Amazon and Walmart for selling new AAA titles at 15 - 20% off and stealing most of the new console sales.
Still not seeing how this company survives after about 18 more months.......
The make their quarter estimates and then some. This should be trading at $60 per share. Huge move coming. Their rewards program is working well. The stores are packed on the weekends.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Why do you say this?
the current PE is 13.5. And 2014 earnings will likely be higher, causing a price increase to $50+, in my opinion.