Don't forget Auspex (ASPX). Doubled yesterday on positive news of PIII study.
Of course it can. It has seen more than 4x's current PPS. Real question is how long will it take.
That type of action is what made me bail on both AVNR and VNDA. Both went on to triple and quintuple. I got impatient and lost out.
Let's see if it can get past $7 first.......volume has been anemic . Even yesterday's move up was on low volume.
We all know what he is trying to suggest here.......which is what? You know nothing about my intentions . I was merely stating my disappointment that the stock despite the upcoming "events" was performing poorly. Whether you believe me or not regarding my 2000 share purchase is meaningless. I don't short biotech stocks although there were many times i would have been better off doing so. You're right I'm not looking at this recent purchase as a long term investment ......I believe there are better companies to invest in for the long term...CLDX, ACAD, IDRA . I didn't notice a purchase by management last month .....they are exercising their options however. I hope you're right about the pps moving up in January prior to the NSCLC summit. ....I may even still be holding shares in the company. Good Luck
I completely agree with you that selling at tax losses is a strategy. Bulls neutral / negative comments about the company, his claim that management hasn't purchased stock (which they did last month), the timing of his buy (a few weeks ago that he calls a long position), and expectations for short term increase in PPS are unrealistic and make no sense given he already knew when he purchased a few weeks ago that no catalysts were upcoming that would drive PPS up when he himself stated that it would take a positive data release to drive PPS up. He hints selling this week at a $6 price? Come on we all know what he is trying to suggest here. When things don't make sense I have no problem calling someone on their statements and questioning their intentions; which I will point out were not answered. Glad you are long though fly. My position surpasses most of the board, and I am holding for the run up with you. Good luck to us and sorry for everyone else who sells at a loss now. I hope for their sake they decide to get back in before the NSCLC summit at the end of January.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
BULL makes sense to me. It is a strategy Smile! Taking a gain away from Uncle Sam by selling a loss is a common strategy. Bull can come back in 31 days and re-buy if he or she wants. I dont understand why you are #$%$! My position is long and a h ell of a lot more than Bull has and I am holding for the run up.
I would at least hold the stock to see what they do with EC1456. It really is not fantasy to think the stock goes up 200% overnight on outstanding news. Yes it would hurt to lose $2 a share from this level but missing out on $12 a share profit would not be happiness either
Glad to hear you are holding on. The real money will be made over the next two years however. Again I am not sure what your investing goals were if you just purchased a few weeks ago and were considering selling at a loss by this weeks end if necessary. I am not sure how extensively you have researched this companies history, events, and trials over the past three years. I have been heavily invested since 2012 and purchased most of my position in the $3.50-$4.00 range. I have added a little here and there but even at today's PPS I am ahead. My perspective of a good year or a bad year for ECYT may differ from most. If I was short term on ECYT then yes I would be upset that I didn't sell at the highs seen in March, but I felt those gains would be small compared to future drugs (I actually became interested in ECYT for the anti inflammatory drug in pre clinical). That being said I may have missed a selling opportunity but I am still ahead so I don't consider it a bad year because you can't lose what you never had. I look at it as a good year because we are using information gained from 145 trials and developing 1456 that has even more potential for success given the data coming in thus far. 145 was a signature away from being on the market. 1456 I feel will overcome the obstacles and the signature will make it on the paper this time. If so, I see the PPS surpassing any historical highs by leaps and bounds as it tests in other indications. So was it a bad year? Yes I guess it was if you bought after March and didn't sell before May. Other than that, I see us one year closer to the successes of 1456 and other Tubulysin B warhead drugs to come out of ECYT. Even if you don't want to keep your shares long (2+ years), at least keep them until July 2015. By then we will have guidance on PIII for 145, more dosing data for 1456, perhaps a trial direction with combo testing both, and full data for TARGET OS. These will all boost. Minimal chance of bad news.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Actually I purchased the first 1000 shares at $6.58 and then the next 1000 shares at $6.25 in the last couple of weeks. . I'm still long the 2000 shares and more than likely will probably hold for a while longer. Obviously I didn't sell it when it dipped below $6. I'll hang around for a few more weeks and hopefully it will move up past $7 with some conviction .....volume! 2014 has not been a good year for ecyt investors unless you were lucky enough to sell it at the year high before it tanked at the beginning of May.
So when did you buy at $6.61? Most likely after May I am guessing which then begs the question what about the stock made you invest (or hold this long if you purchased prior to March) knowing that no major catalysts were upcoming for the remainder of the year? What were you expecting to see happen to your PPS? I am curious as to why you would sell by THIS weeks end (odd timing) if the PPS isn't over $6 (interesting price) knowing that catalysts should be forthcoming in the next one to two months. Get out before we hear more news about dosing 1456 and the final OS data? As you stated in another post; the only thing that you feel will drive PPS up is positive news thus I find it odd that you would sell out before any news is released? Something about this makes no sense.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I would expect little interest or volume for December calls today. What was the interest and volume for December calls three months ago? I was not referencing contracts currently available for purchase, my comments stem from Dec. contracts sold prior to September. As I mentioned there are many circumstances this week contributing to drop, one of which could be tax sales, although volume and trades were small. Not sure what you mean about management not buying stock, both the CEO and CFO purchased stock (Oct 31 and Nov 5th i believe were dates but don't quote me). Lovejoy exercised and sold a few months earlier because she is no longer employed at Endocyte thus she just cashed out. Despite the fact that it should already be trading higher due to events that have taken place and timing, I agree that momentum and excitement for this stock won't drive the PPS higher until positive news starts to trickle on a regular basis. We have been, in my opinion, floating at the bottom for the last few months and will see the momentum start up when full data for TARGET OS and 1456 dosing / progress is released in the near future. Probably suggests that future news will be positive given TARGET OS data as of September and the dosing of 1456 noting no toxicities at higher doses than 145.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Give us a break....the open interest for the Dec. 6 calls is less than 700 so options have nothing to do with the stock trading below $6. I'm sure a lot of folks are selling it for tax loss reasons and the fact is management hasn't bought the stock even though it has been trading below $7 for some time. Institutional ownership hasn't increased. I agree that the stock could pop with some positive News but without ant positive News, the stock will trade below $5.
Do you need the loss for tax reasons? Probably you could buy it back before any announcement but if (and it is a pretty big if) this goes up, it is going up big. $20 a share easy on very good news.
If no news, it stays around $4 to $6 and if bad news it probably still stays around $3 or $4.
Worth a bit of a gamble IMO.
I think in the long run, IDRA is a much better investment . In two years, you could be looking at a $20+ stock.
Well the only reason I can think of is that this company is basically stuck in neutral . I'm sure there is some tax loss selling going on but let's be real, the pps is almost at it's year low and the book value is around $5/share so the market doesn't put too much value on the company's technology / products. And if you look at the insiders transactions.....all you see is options exercising with automatic sales. ......not a lot of confidence being shown. And after posting all this....I'm still long 2000 shares at $6.61. If it doesn't move over $6 by the end of this week, I'll take the loss and move on Good Luck.