LOL @ who gave me a thumbs down. Good luck shorting a brick and mortar that's got plenty of liquidity.
1) eCommerce site about to go online.
2) Great interest rate on its debt
Yes, I know there is competition, but I see this company better valued at $16 than $10.50.
HOOK changed it's symbol to BREW. Make a long term comparison chart of BREW verses BGFV it is obvious that my recommendation of BREW was a much better choice back then as well as now!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
BGFV 9.45 probably the 52-week low price in this corrective market.
BGFV only will see 8.xx if market corrects another 8 percent or so.,,,investors dump all good and bad-earnings stocks; the ladder gets oversold.
By end of year 12/31/14 BGFV should see 11-13 range if no dividend cut.
Hold, buy more on the dips; and do some prayer (lol).
Know how to play and win.
Can senior management get an e-commerce website up and running in time for the holiday shopping season? It is unbelievable that senior management has waited this long to develop an e-commerce website. Senior management needs a shake-up.
crazy stuff - I picked up more to average down, but the one-day loss does sting. Looking forward to the dividends and I'll hold or buy a little more if downward prices continue.
During CC, they kept mentioning this retail malaise, which they claimed also hit quite a few retailers. I don't know which retailers they were referring to. If we put aside the 2013 spike and compare 2014 to 2012 instead, it's very likely BGFV will see flat to lower same-store and EPS this year. I don't see this issue hitting DKS, I am not sure if this can be explained away by the awful weather in the west.
If the weather cooperates, we may see a good Q4. But before that, I will use the price in 2012 as a reference and that means we may dip under $7.
Inventory is too high. Although most of that is due to the bad weather last winter, they seem to pile up even more during Q2.
This is not going to get us back to $20 any time soon. CC listeners, is there any encouragement from the e-platform? Guidance was poor for next quarter so I fear we're looking to Christmas for the next bump.
Worse case after earnings release is BGFV trades no lower than 11.00.
Buy on dips and wait for the upturn (eventually).
I, too, and an east coast person. I am a more recent shareholder, was watching it as it approached 11 a few weeks ago, panicked as it approached 12 and bought it, and now see I could have bought it a little cheaper. But at least I'm at a minor loss right now.
I think that the World Cup might have spurred some soccer sales - it did for Nike, and where does Nike sell its products??
And as much as it pains me, there was a highly publicized shooting in CA, and that, unfortunately, spurs sales of firearms and ammunition.
I am hopeful - but that is usually a bad sign.
I know, dream on. I did really well going from $15 to $24 last summer but when it dropped to $20 again I thought I'd be clever and buy back in. I was clever at $18 and $15 as well. The magic 8ball ain't working right. Anyway I guess we wait to see how the e-platform is helping, or not. Anyone have any insight? It's hard for an east coaster to get an on the ground feel for a west coast chain.
but after a nice jump, we are under 12 again. this is not a very well traded stock, so I speculate the we have just seen some more sellers unloading, and affecting prices.
I speculate that the jump to 13 was a result of some buyers believing that soccer and arms sales jumped a little. I'm hoping that we see that in the results coming up, and we form a base of 12.50.