After going through a proxy battle with the hedge fund manager Loeb, Sotheby's (BID) is on a bright path with interesting plans. Why is BID grossly undervalued?
1) It has high growth (54% revenue growth) and is very profitable;
2) Partnership with Ebay is another step toward higher sales;
3) The auction industry is booming with Christies and Sotheby's making record sales in its auctions, especially in Asia;
4) Its PEG = 0.87 (lesser than 1 indicates stock undervalued with respect to earnings' growth); and
5) Cutting staffs to save cost, while focus on growth departments within the firm.
This is a grossly undervalued company that deserves higher valuation. Buy BID before it spikes.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
After today's auction of one of the world's rarest and most famous postage stamps, the British Guiana 1 cent magenta. Great worldwide publicity will result from the sale.
Actually, they value it at $20 million. I believe that it would once again be the world's most valuable stamp at that price. The last sale was to John E. du Pont for $935,000 in 1980. Yes, that du Pont.
like the wild west. Many workers at auction houses doing "estimates" (a kind word for know-
nothing valuations) with no documentation or credibility. (my humble opinion)
You have it all wrong. Green must be over red to establish that kind of price . The red over green has been done too often. Ellsworth Kelly
prob the Mona Lisa will be worth $100 and your painting will be worth $100,000,000
alot of this stuff seems to come out of Texas ............could J.R. be involved?
...........as a seller!
this might not have been the best investment I made, because it made me realize the officers of the board end up making more money then the shareholders.... with that said I certainly hope to see more changes come very very soon - if not this turd might be in the low 30s before we know it.
if anyone here any idea or guesses as to what we will see within the next few months please do tell