Obama has been continuing and extending Bush's doctrine of the Unitary Executive, jamba. Obama claims that his deliberation on a matter constitutes "due process" sufficient to permit the murder of American citizens. Obama's war on Libya without even notifying Congress (let alone asking) was so egregious that Dennis Kucinich called for Obama's impeachment.
It's pathetic that your justified admiration of Dr. Martin Luther King makes you blind to the true character of the fraud who allows his admirers to wrongfully embue him with Dr. King's moral authority.
LOL What a bunch of BS this is
Some Bay Staters who were given free taxpayer-funded insurance thanks to the state’s Obamacare website meltdown are now losing access to their primary care physicians, specialists and even their former prescription coverage because they’re not accepted under the new plan, the Herald has learned.
“It’s awesome they’re owning up to their mistakes and extending this to us free of charge, but the problem is, it’s awful coverage,” Bronwen Hodgkinson of Easthampton told the Herald.
Hodgkinson said the medication she takes for a skin condition — which cost her $150 a month under her old Blue Cross/Blue Shield plan — isn’t covered at all under MassHealth, and goes for $1,000 a month, which she can’t afford. MassHealth still refused to cover the cost, even after her PCP appealed the decision, she said.
“I didn’t ask for it — it was forced upon us,” said Zachary Milligan-Pate of Somerville, who was switched to temporary Medicaid insurance instead of the plan he hoped to enroll in. “I can’t see my primary, and as someone with a relatively complicated medical history ... it’s created a huge amount of stress.”
Milligan-Pate, who was mugged, hit over the head and left unconscious for a half-hour in downtown Boston in 2009, said neither his regular doctor nor his neurologist is covered under the MassHealth stopgap program.
possible takeover target ??? Somebody knows something other than the Russell addition, but what could it be ?? Merger talks if not complete buyout ??? I'm adding a few hundred more shares just in case. Tx.
If youre a Republican, youre supposed to believe:
1* Jesus loves you, and shares your hatred for homosexuals, blacks, and Hillary Clinton.
2. Saddam was a good guy when Reagan armed him, a bad guy when Bush's Daddy made war on him, a good guy when Cheney did business with him, and a bad guy when Bush needed a "we can't find bin Laden diversion
3. Trade with Cuba is wrong, because the country is Communist, but moving American businesses and technology to China is vital to a spirit of international harmony and good business practice.
4. The United States should get out of the U.N, and our highest priority is enforcing U.N. resolutions with Iraq.
5. A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multinational drug corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulations.
6. The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches, while slashing veteran's benefits and combat pay.
7. If condoms and sex education is kept out of schools, adolescents won't have sex.
8. A good way to fight terrorism is to belittle our longtime allies, then demand their cooperation and money
9. Global warming and tobacco's link to cancer is junk science, but creationism should be taught in schools.
10. Providing healthcare to all Afghani and Iraqi people is sound policy, but providing healthcare to all Americans is Socialism. And that HMO's and insurance companies have the best interests of the American public at heart.
11. A president lying about an extramarital affair is an impeachable offense, but a president lying to enlist support for a war in which thousands die is solid defense policy.
12. Government should limit itself to the powers of the Constitution, which include banning gay marriages and censoring the internet.
13. Being a drug addict is a moral failing and a crime, unless you're a conservative radio talk show host Then it's an illness and you need our prayers for your recovery.
A Merger in a Race With Congress
By STEVEN M. DAVIDOFF
June 16, 2014
New York Times
"Senator Carl Levin, Democrat of Michigan, has introduced the Stop Corporate Inversions Act of 2014. The bill would halt corporate inversions by amending Section 7484 to require that foreign shareholders own 50 percent of the new company instead of the current 20 percent. The bill would also stop corporate inversions if the “company remains in the U.S. and either 25 percent of its employees or sales or assets are located in the U.S.”"
anybody hearing any chatter on all devices and threads? Best one came from a friends blog who has a pretty good rep for these takeover prospects. Definitely a good Co. moving to a lower tax bracket country. Keeping fingers crossed. Tx.
Apple Avoided Taxes on Overseas Billions, Senate Panel Finds
( May 20, 2013 Wall Street Journal)
Tax Breaks for Apple and Starbucks Investigated by E.U.
(JUNE 11, 2014 New York Times)
Also see Wikipedia, "Double Irish arrangement"
Looks like move to Ireland paying off bigtime for COV shareholders with the buyout by MDT.