Not sure about that. I think that paypal in some ways makes it difficult for ebay to keep customers.
Email contact info is shared routinely after a purchase and because of that, ebay loses customers to sellers with their own sites. Might do the same myself, if traffic drops again
Carl Ichan now is pushing Ebay to sell Paypal without spinning it off which would leave us shareholders with nothing just like when Ebay sold off Skype and left us shareholders with nothing. Ebay will be dead without Paypal. Let us all protest this move not to sell off Paypal
Beware these things. Always watch for fees. This happens to me every time there's a freebie. Can't list as many as they say I can for free. It's deceptive. No where to complain.
Sentiment: Strong Sell
eBay is giving buyers a bad shopping experience and blaming it on the sellers. Just my thoughts and my point of view.
Hello my friend, I just had to reply to your message about not letting buyers find what they want to find. I received a message from a buyer asking me, " why am I hiding all my listing?" She was relatively new to the site and was looking for the exact items I had, but when she searched for those items they never came up. She said, "she accidentally stumbled upon my listing". I used to have all kinds of lookers now just a few here and there. It really is sad how eBay is giving buyers a bad shopping experience and blaming it on the sellers. Just my thoughts and my point of view.
it makes sense. But isn't clothing what ebay is pushing lately?
I only sell high quality consumables. Never a return
That is why I move quarter million worth of products to ETSY , eBid and Bonanza. Done with eBay PSASHIT
You care. Otherwise, you wouldn't create all those Sully ids of yours. Hope this helps.
You sold item to US buyer you are top rated seller. You sold item to Global buyer you are not good seller and top rated transaction will not count the sale. You are good seller , your same buyer like you and buy some more items later. These sale will not count as transaction . You fall off eBay as top rated seller later. #$%$ on defectbay ?
Why Local Commerce Will Be Larger Than E-Commerce For The Next Decade, An Analysis
Posted Feb 24, 2013 by Mike Ghaffary
Marc Andreessen and Reid Hoffman recently debated whether software would eat traditional retail, leaving no brick-and-mortar presence behind. Both articles noted that e-commerce is currently only 5 percent of retail in the U.S., while the other 95 percent is brick and mortar.
While Andreessen holds firm that e-commerce will completely overshadow physical retail, the debate missed why some industries will never go completely online.
Some industries will have a hard time competing as more consumers embrace online shopping, but some industries will do just fine. I have constructed a simple formula that can show that the magnitude of offline local commerce is likely to be larger than e-commerce for a long time. These calculations could have predicted that Amazon was going to do very well in categories like books and iTunes in music, but the $300 billion clothing industry is going to stay mostly brick and mortar for the foreseeable future, as are many service-driven local businesses.
Source: Read the complete story under techcrunch/2013/02/24/brick-and-mortar-wins/
The good seller always has returning buyer to keep buying more items. In the normal business world. Each item sold counted as transaction. In the world of eBay business, the TRS rule count only one item per one buyer . The other items purchased from the same buyer do not count as transaction credit toward the TRS. Lot of good sellers fall off the TRS , because of this kind of counting stander. It is so easy to understand how this eBay policy ruling sellers' life.
"No one cares dude."
That's exactly what people say every time ol' Sully here opens his mouth and spews his idiocy.
China seller sell to US buyer count as a transaction toward Top rated seller credit. US seller make a sale to China buyer doesn't count a transaction toward Top rated seller. This is another totally abuse to USA seller policy. Just to show people how this eBay policy so unfair to the USA hard working sellers .