I think it's disrespectful to publish this. You'll find this conspiracy theory on Youtube next to the ones about the Illuminati and the Bilderberg group. If the 20 employees on their way to China on legitimate company business possessed trade-secrets covered under the Export Control Restrictions, they could've been arrested sooner, and by themselves. That FSL uses RF aviation integrated communication co-processors and other robotic technology is only a coincidence to support a conspiracy theory that the re-routing of the jet was a demonstration of some sort.
I am reading strange things about theories on the involvement of this company and the disapearence.
We're getting a picture of a mother that raised a worthless pc of #$%$. Like to pull the legs off of insects do you?
Where did you read that they were execs? I've seen them described as "employees".
On Saturday, Texas-based Freescale Semiconductor confirmed that 20 employees were passengers on Flight 370. Twelve are from Malaysia and eight from China, the company said.
Senior VP and Gen Mgr sold 130,000 shares at 18-20 $/share last week from a total of 370,000 shares.
CEO sold 270,000 shares at 18 from a total of 700,000 shares.
It is their and the underwriting bankers job to identify a top in the market. So they sold the short term debt to the Wall Street.
Anyway, I would wait for a pullback. Blackstone and the banksters that underwrited the past IPOs of FSL, timed the top of the market quite nicely. I would give 60% chance of a significant pullback in semiconductor investment cycle in the short term, few months (so, a good timing to tap the market for funds), and 40% this will not happen.
Actually, close to 40 mil shares. Assuming that the quarterly interest will decrease to below 100 mil $ and the EBIT will grow to 610 mil $ per year, it means that 2014 will be a first year with positive bottom line, 210 to 250 mil $ net profit against 262 mil shares out there. So 0,8 to 1 $ EPS.
But the 20$ price per share means more than 20x forward earnings. Kind of expensive.
Am I reading this correctly? Blackstone is giving up 35 million shares to pay down debt?
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Harry has posted a Charts of the Day video on FSL at TheTechTrader site noting: Freescale Semiconductor, Ltd. (FSL) had a very nice day on Wednesday. It formed a very big base over the past year, which was taken out with a thrust, it popped, coiled, pulled back, and then exploded only six cents off the high at 1.75, or 9.3%, on 24.5 million shares. That’s the biggest volume this stock has had since the IPO. Look for more upside, perhaps to the 23-25 range.
i Appreciate thoughtful discourse here. way out may be to sell to a TXN who has balance sheet and scale to manage business from here
I got the answer to that: refinance it again for another 5 years, pay 500 mil in fees and use whatever interest rates might be at that time (probably higher than last year). And keep working for another long years for the interest paid to the bank instead of investing in the business. That is death over long run.
That while the competitive landscape changes every year. Now Intel wants really bad in embedded, telecom and IoT, LSI was bought, etc. Significant FSL competitors were bought by more cash potent companies that will have the power to invest. FSL will not have that power over the long run unless they delever faster by raising capital through equity. And I am pretty sure Blackstone will get some preferred stock to which dividends can be leaked while the common will be diluted.