Everyone; they have been given the ability to raise up to $35,000,000 through stock offerings with a par value of .01 (i think it was .01). There is a VERY good possibility they are raising some funds. As I had mentioned in another post; 250k average volume per day. Not a lot. Why not take advantage of the news and huge increase in volume to dump some shares? IMO, this is more about dilution then anything else. No insiders are shorting this stock at this point, would be a totally foolish move.
I couldn't give that to you but I know fundamentally it's worth more. maybe the 25 million debt with high interest scared some off.
Patience pays off in stocks, I'm not warren Buffett I trade short term too but this is not a short term play. It might take some time but it will pay off.
I think they are using up some shorts and you will see by the end of the day, you will be at $5.25
Sentiment: Strong Buy
talk of double talk.. 'we are confident we will learn and launch this right' but hey I need my money now!!
they deserve the lower price and maybe the MM knows this and is holding this down.. this is so unreal..
Actually he said he was agnostic towards a M&A. He also didn't see a need to "partner" with a larger pharms for sales and distribution because of the narrow market (2500 retina specialist). I'm paraphrasing. I think an acquisition is always on the table and isn't personality driven but there is satisfaction in bringing a revolutionary product to market.
I agree with this but I also believe that if they get a good enough offer they will sellout. During the conference call the ceo said they were not interested in partnering with an established company. I think it is a pride game but let's hope this conpany is being watched by a larger competitor. I do believe that if the price is right they would sell.
According to Alimera, outside of Iluvien, they have something going with Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co., Ltd. for the development, manufacture, and marketing of an injectable polymer tube implantable into an eye containing a mixture of a polymer and FAc. This is the pipeline. Is there anyone who knows more about this?
Got more than they thought with the FDA and much better than in Europe.$25KK Hercules loan with interest only payments until 2015. Will need more cash for US launch and will get either from debt refinancing and/or stock offer. UK up 25%, Germany flat, wait for November update. 1000 applications so far with NO IOP operations. Agnostic on M&A; but with global rights and sales force the business is attractive. Disappointed in market reaction but belief is because of the lack of liquidity and that new stock owners will enter to replace old owners ( my read is that now it is forming a base). Again there were only a few questions and very little analyst coverage led by Wells Fargo and 2 lesser known brokers.I expected Morgan Stanley to be on the call because they covered them 2 years ago; but nothing. I'm going to hold on until November and see what happens; It will rest for awhile with new owners that came in with the high volume after the news. 31,500 shares.
I don't see anyone talking about ALIM having anything to offer in the future besides Iluvien. It looks like it's ILUVIEN or BUST. No pipeline means a dead end for Alimera. Everything, for now and forever, hinges on revenues from Iluvien. That's why a buyout should be considered. Sooner is better than later. Entice Big Pharm with potential revenues. Let them have all the marketing headaches and take all the risks. We shareholders will come out just fine. A buyout should bring us at least 12 - 15 dollars a share. We'd all be ahead.
Management, or should I say "insiders" ( who control any decision regarding a buyout ) prefer to prove they can be successful on their own. They don't want to sell just as they finally have an opportunity to market a product that could make some money. They want to prove they are a success. I'm with you. I want a buyout. There is no investor confidence in ALIM despite the recent FDA approval. The stock could languish for a long time. I think the company is worth 2 - 3 times it's current market cap. That's a 10 - 15 dollar exit price for us. ALIM looks like a one trick pony. Is there anything of consequence in the pipeline? I don't think so. It's Iluvien or bust. ALIM has a big headache ahead hiring reps and marketing the drug. Things could go wrong for us shareholders. One bad treatment result could bring on a lawsuit. Why not let Big Pharma handle these headaches and take all the risks?. They have the know-how and the clout. Personal pride is getting in the way of a buyout deal right now..