AZN has tested the IP waters...needed to be done to value the life cycle since the FDA has failed to act in a timely fashion.
I expect the rest of the week to be interesting.
It's a long holiday weekend;)
Hmmm. Well, if amrn could be bought for 7 pps I personally would buy the company. 7.00 pps you are very ignorant you don't know what you're holding
Hi Frenzy - I have had a similar experience with my own cardiologist. He knew about Vascepa but had no knowledge of its advantages over Lovaza or the recent evidence pointing to the role of Trigs in CVEs. He also was convinced that one could not get adequate insurance coverage for Vascepa and therefore does not prescribe it often. Pretty discouraging story. Hang in there.
Approve this for the ANCHOR population already. This belongs in the category of FDA gone evil. I believe that some on that deciding panel deserve prison sentences for the harm they've done. It's personal now as I can never be as convincing as the "wonderful" doctors who will not listen to any of the Vascepa hubabaloo. I have a family member now with afib and a friend with several health issues resulting from high triglycerides. Still, neither can convince their doctor to prescribe Vascepa. Why? Because GSK needs to make money and apparently they scratch the backs of those who would abandon their "do no harm" vows, so doctors don't have the go ahead they need to prescribe this miracle capsule.
cazook is a good name for you. Listen, I love your passion! And there certainly is that potential. You would do well, however, to understand that the sharks closer to that 40-50x you speak of will gobble up most of it leaving behind only a trail of blood for you and I to sniff at.
While that analogy might be as extreme as your optimism, I would encourage you to understand how the game is rigged against the retail investor just in case you haven't already noticed.
akanz2 ~ That's good news indeed. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Look for AZN to be even more aggressive on the acquisition front. Many of their blockbuster formulations have left the safety of patent protection and the company is seeking to rebuild its portfolio of patent protected products.
Nektar's Movantik is step two, hence the steady rise in Nektar's share price. PDUFA date there is September 16th.
Please focus on exactly what I say. "I did, however, take some profits today which reduced my position to my original entry mark."
The biggest mistake investors make is getting too caught up in the emotion of the moment. When that occurs, illusion substitutes for logic and money is lost. When money is lost, those same individuals become extremely jaded like bagginz here and others. Therefore, always take profits off the table on any investment you make.
When you take profits along the way, you can still celebrate a victory with a huge gain. But in the event things don't go as you'd hoped for, you have some of your investment back in your pocket and any loss is mitigated close to zero and you can maintain your optimism.
Be well my friend.
" reduced my position " ....say it ain't so .
The run up today was because of the court docs filed by AZN in their effort to
launch Epanova ....looks to me that they are in trouble as they infringe on Amarins patents for lowering TG's without raising LDL by more then 20 %
Right now they (AZN) seem to be trying to steam roller over AMRN , but I don't think it will work unless they can find a flaw in Amarins patent.
The main act ...FDA decision , is yet to occur ....I rate it at 70/30 in favor of Amarin ....so I'm not selling
But if you already have a profit ....well done
This is why I recommend against option investing. Sure, it's easier to make money by knocking the value of a stock down like most of the posters here are trying to do. Sadly, most people aren't able to evaluate a situation well enough to make the correct call.
The FDA will likely delay its decision for another 30 days either way. And like juries deliberating a matter, the longer they're out, the better chance the accused has of being acquitted.
As Amarin's chances look brighter - and let me caution all of you that there's only perhaps a 1 in 9 chance that the news is favorable - investors will continue to climb on board in anticipation. This elevates the price to a level that parachutes shareholders against a steep fall in price. Consequently, short positions written for less than $1.60 are destined to fail.
Good luck to all....
Yes, that's how economies work. And that's how investing in biotech works. You on the other hand are trying to deflate, deflate, deflate because your short position is falling into terrible jeopardy. The higher this grows, the less it falls on bad news, and most of your options are at what, $1.20? You're in trouble my friend. Learn how to invest in the sector.
Yes, I will. And let me tell you why. The Marine indication alone is a $4B market and rising. The lead drug made over $1B in a single year.
The impact of the sales force doubling through the addition of KOWA - which is essentially paid by commission only, will be felt starting in mid-September. At that time, I fully expect to see prescriptions rising by 5 - 10% weekly.
Should the FDA do the expected and continue to quash Amarin's aspirations, the company will then go into a full-court press legally. I can't wait to see how that plays out at the Supreme Court level. And if only to be supportive of their efforts will happily maintain, and perhaps enhance, my position.
And finally, with the right bid, from the right company, Amarin could be bought out for 2 - 4x my entry point price of $1.60.
Essentially then, I would be a fool to cash out my entire position. I did, however, take some profits today which reduced my position to my original entry mark.
Learn how to trade Bagginz and you won't be so frustrated.
Re CV risk. You state "all the science in the world pts to LDL decrease and HDL increase "
THAT was the majority view until the NEJM articles on the role of TG's and APOC3 a month or so ago .
I wrote a post on it in case you want to search back
Yes , the primary focus is still on lowering LDL if it's elevated and you have known risk factors BUT raising HDL is not considered as important . Low HDL is now seen as related to CV risk but not causal.
Elevated TG's and APOC3 are however now seen as being more causal .....so the science has shifted and I think Dr Jenkins will reflect that in his opinion.
Note ..I'm giving a brief over view ..so not mentioning Jelis and recent EPA research etc
Dr Jenkins is buying time only to formulate a response to the Citizen Petitions and to write a thoroughly
researched and well argued opinion ....which I believe will be a reversal of the existing opinion which is that there is no benefit to lowering high TG's
Why approve now ....about 600,000 people die each year in the US from a heart attack ...If allowing wider use of Vascepa only reduces that by 2% ...you have saved 12,000 families from losing some one to heart attack or stroke
There is a risk to not allowing wider use of a safe drug that increasingly looks likely to show benefit
Thank you Bobo! Without realizing it, you're the biggest pumper of all. Sorry you had to close your short position at a loss yesterday. Back to sleep with you.
If you think what I say has any affect on the
price, then you need your head examined. I
an just stating the obvious based upon previous experience with this
stock and many others. ie this stock
is maniped more than most..for a reason grasshopper.
not covered you in glory? I like it. One can only due so much DD. As investors, you really do not know what is going on "under the hood".....unless you work there and even then, that depends. Lots of factors. That previous comment was a bit tongue and cheek......my brothers wife works there. Still, I only bought a couple thousand shares.....so I could care less if it goes to zero. Like spinning the wheel in vegas. Best of luck to you laddie.
Your first try was at $1.60.
Your second try was at $1.70
It's time for $1.80
I'm sure within days after your posting we'll be in the 2's.
Wake up sleepy head! I need to add to my 28% gain....