Yahoo or you are wrong. This thing just bounced around it's current level today. Overall seems to have risen recently a little to fast for my liking. I thinking a down leg, then I'll nibble.
...good for you, I'm out too, just as soon as it regains principal and I can break near even, one of my (several) mistakes in the market was buying into this POS...
Sure, and after 10 years, if it went down, but still paying dividend, you would begin to have a positive income, and if returns to the high one day, you have been paid to wait, true or not true?
REITs have been in existence since 1961 and many of them report a portion of the dividend as ROC. This has been a tough time for mREITs since rates have been so low it's difficult to make money on spreads, and when the rates go up, they get hammered on the other end.
This is an index fund. It will behave the same as the sector it tracks. So, kinda silly to call it a "loser". Its charter is to track mortgage REITs. It can't go out and buy biomedical or tech stocks.
Based on the REITs REM owns and the dividends they already declared, around 0.27 was expected and results is about a 12% yield. The drop in price is almost exactly equal to the distribution, or no net change. The large dividend last December was a little surprising and was an outlier for the last two years. The current price is not based on last years December distribution. I am neutral on REMs future.
...should be more "...tempting..." after the FED meeting tomorrow when it goes below $9... I'll be a buyer myself...
The way many interest sensitive stocks, particularly mlps, are acting I think the actual raise MAY be followed by a rally. Of course, it could be a dead cat bounce rally so I would by 1/2 position here & 1/2 after the actual raise. That way you could take advantage of a drop after the actual raise, IF there is one.
Now I'm speaking of myself only. I buy for dividend income---hopefully rising over time---not for trading capital gains. I agree with Warren Buffet that the best holding time is forever.
.............but does it make sense to add to my position of $11.47/ share before the fed hike on Dec. 15th/16th or after. How will REM react if the decision is made or not made? Anyone have an answer or care to discuss?
Everybody is freaking out like it's the end of the world. I hope the Fed finally does hike in two weeks and gets this drama over with already.
are you dreaming ??? Yes, no rate hike, but the talk of rate hike already brought down this loser so much.
Instead of $15, this stock will be $5 , by Jan 2016
This interest rate hike is not going to be the last. Once the hike happen in december. 2016 will be a time where a constant talk about interest rate will take place. Where do you think the rate would go ?? No way but up up up.
Yes that is right. This is a ponzi scheme investment. Sonner or later, there is just no capital to cut from. This ETF will be $5 Jan 2016. Get out while you still can