talking to self ha!.......the chart has had a few touches at $15 so chances are good we move through......especially if market is up up......but weak volume MM may be playing games......interesting.
Will the market take us up or down? Nice rebound Friday. Interesting next 2 weeks see where Mr Market takes us. Wonder if we possibly see $20 this year?
I have sold stocks for 1 dollar profit and then watch them fly off another 8 dollars. Painful but so long as you got something it is not bad :-)
Guess there really isnt a right or wrong had quite a few shares took some profits at 9 and 11 guess I am going to hold here to much promise and have no idea where to put money in other stocks anyway wish OBVIOUSLY I didnt sell at 9 and 11 but never nothing wrong with taking profit!
The stock did not move at the open thur. 2/06;
In fact while the dow was up about 80. this stock was about
14.11 ask; not until the dow was much higher did this stock
inch up on small volume, only latter to fall back drastically;
This is someone's play toy; it's not in the programs
of hedge funds, or mutual mutual funds;
Yes indeed, someone has been selling or shorting the open
for the past four days in a row; We need some breaking news
that biib is going to utilize rgen manufacturing platforms for their
biosimilar projects with Samsung, and for the production of
alprolix, and eloctate. No one would short or sell that news;
hold up? Do we see $12 before $15?? This should be interesting.
Any news interim to March Q conference call?
So far so good but unfortunately we know a market decline sinks all ships.
Definitely agree with monke - no reason to be shorting now and with the big run up some will definitely take profits and sel sell sell.
Why is it always the shorts? People made quite a bit of money on run up and possibly fear a market sell off, no one can be blamed for taking profits. I will purchase more as the price comes down, but that is my opinion.
The stock price was obviously being manipulated from early December until mid January, when there was some good news and it popped. During that period it didn't go below 12.01, or above 12.99 intraday several times. Looks like the shorts are back in driving this back down. Don't sell and they will not be able to make money on your shares. This should be trading where it has been the last couple weeks when they stepped aside. IMO
Like to get thoughts on the following:
Avg cost of shares is around $12.05 (1,000 shares)
I would like to protect the gain that I have now in the stock and am considering the following strategy:
Sell 10 Feb 17.50 calls
Buy 10 Feb 15.00 puts
Net debit to be about $.15 per contract ($150). I know this limits the potential return to around 17.65 if I get called out on this (but that would be close to a 46% gain in less than a month. If the stock retraces to below $15 - I can sell the puts for a profit and hold the stock or put the stock to someone else at that time with a 24% gain.