I am sure he knows a lot more than me. But I wouldn't bet on imminent good news from PACB. Otherwise CEO would be charged with insider trading. I guess he has a lot of faith in this company. This is the third time he did buying in the open market. The first time his price was between 5 and 6. Second between 1 and 2. Now 3.61.
The real worry here is he might be overconfident about this company and his own capability.
I guess the CEO noticed what you were saying about it taking a lot of guts to hold 10K of PACB.....and went and bought 20 times as much.
So I wonder if it was guts.......or .....he just knows something.....you don't?
Do ya think that's possible?
watch out! I won't short it but won't buy at this level either. I would wait for the next financial report to see if there is any real change to this company. Otherwise, it is dead money under water.
Have been adding on pullbacks. Funds see value in the platform at these levels. Roche offers validation and benefits from the deasl will be seen as they market PACB's products......
this isn't his first time buying in the open market... I bought a pile last year right after he did. I made $ when the Roche announcement came out. I sold because my hope was that they would get bought out, not because they know what they are doing running a company. I'm still not a buyer again at these levels even though it popped today.
the Roche deal and new units may pan out but IMO although the science is good these folks do not know how to run a company and their cost per unit is too high. with any luck for those still holding PACB they will get some people from Roche to HELP them run their company and give them guidance to profitability. the other major issue is their cash burn. the CEO is working for FREE through the end of 2013 and they've done how many offerings in the past year? my advise is to get out, average down, or be so patient you'll need to forget you own this.
hope this is helpful and good luck
Even I think the drop was too much! Ouch. But market usually overdo. Where is the true bottom. The volume is too low. I used to trade multiple 10K shares and usually drop the price or hike the price by 3% at least. The liquidity is also bad. Holding 10Ks of PACB needs a lot of guts.
Forget about the machines. The real money is in the reagent kits, which are of course patent protected.
ONP is by no means comparable to PACB. In Big Pharma we are really ramping up out use of PacBio sequencing. 700K is peanuts to us. I spend 5 million in one year about a decade ago buying ABI machines, lol!
Not true. i work in Big Pharma and we are starting to use it big time. It does what it claims to do and is the best technology for a specific set of applications. We are outsourcing right now, but getting ready to pull the trigger.
You have been pumping this stock for a long time. Honestly, what is the average price of your PACB share? if less than $3, congrats! If more than that, sorry...
Do you know how much Pacb raised since 2004? 600M!!!(Thats more than 1/2 of a BILLION $$$$) Yet to produce a machine that is too bulky, too erroneous, too expensive to float the company, in 9 YEARS!!!
Oxford Nanopore has raised £40 million in new funding through a private placement of ordinary shares, bringing the total amount raised to £145 million since the foundation of the Company in 2005 !!!( Thats almost 1/4 of a BILLION $$$$) Yet to produce NOTHING but BS in 8 YEARS!!!