hi minist, right now i am invested in OMER and TGTX, in that order with ABBV in my roth account for the nice dividend. I had Shire awhile back when they where rumored to be taken out by ABBV, I sold the Shire at around 256. and made out very well on that, thats why is was hard for me to buy back into Shire, so i did not.
sounds like you are making out well on Shire, and looks really good for Shire in 2015. what else do you own ?
@@@@@Shire Completes Acquisition of NPS Pharma Dublin, Ireland – February 21, 2015 – Shire plc (LSE: SHP, NASDAQ: SHPG) announces the successful completion of the tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: NPSP) and the subsequent acquisition of NPS Pharma.
im now riding nvax, feye and cybr.. all three will be doubles,
im exspecting nvax to act just like npsp, and go to the 40's
Now I get it - I had interpreted it differently. Thanks for the explanation. Still hoping that something else will happen (who is trading all those shares and why?) but if not, $46 is not too shabby either.
As stated in what you quote, the MOU requires only that NPSP disclose more information. They have done so (amendment 4). The court will sign off on it. You will get an extra mailing in a few months.
Also part of the MOU is that NPSP will pay the Plainintiff's lawyers. They will collect a few hundred thousand dollars.
Got it! I try to do as much research on the few companies I've invested in thus far, and so far so good, (Thankfully!) but sometimes just ask why others do what they do. I appreciate you answering my question too!
Hi JM77, I sold because I didn't want to wait several months for .04 cents. I can invest my profits in other stocks I have done my Due Diligence (DD) on and get a better return. In my case I bought more MNKD at $5.45/share and today it's at $7.00. So in 3 weeks I made $1.55/share over the .04 cents. If you got an offer for $47 I'd take it and run. Best of luck to you!
Hi, I have been investing for almost a year now, still learning a lot and still holding my stock. All of my stocks are up right, and well, this is my first buyout situation. I recently received a letter from Merrill Lynch saying that a subsidiary of Shire wanted to buy my stock out for $47.xx a share and was just wondering how did you guys base your decision to sell? I know there is no definite right or wrong answer, but from what I'm seeing on the message boards, it looks like a lot of people are choosing not to hold their stock, and I was just wondering why. I bought in last summer at $27.00 a share.
My thought was that if this company wants to pay me $47 a share, they probably have good reason on their end to think that it is going to go up in value, but then I see so many people selling. I know it is a message board and people write crazy things on here all the time, but just looking for some.... thoughts on your part.
On February 6, 2015, the parties to the Consolidated Action entered into a memorandum of understanding (“MOU”) setting forth the terms of a settlement of the Consolidated Action. Pursuant to the terms of the MOU, and without agreeing that any of the claims in the Consolidated Action have merit or that such supplemental disclosures were required under any applicable statute, rule, regulation or law, NPS has issued the supplemental disclosures contained in Amendment No. 4 to the Schedule 14D-9 filed on February 6, 2015. Also pursuant to the terms of the MOU, the parties expect to execute a stipulation of settlement, which will be subject to approval by the Court of Chancery of the State of Delaware following notice to NPS’s stockholders. There can be no assurance that the settlement will be finalized or that the Court of Chancery of the State of Delaware will approve the settlement. The settlement terms provide that the Consolidated Action will be dismissed with prejudice as to all defendants, and that all defendants will be released of any and all claims relating to, among other things, the Merger and the Merger Agreement, if and when the Court of Chancery of the State of Delaware approves the settlement.”
NVIV's first Spinal Cord Injury patient ( out of 5 allowed by FDA in first human trial) has really progressed very ,very well. You can see a video of Jordan Fallis now able to crawl on Go Fund Me site. If site wants you to donate to watch video ( not sure as I am a donor and they send me updates) you should be able to You Tube Jordan Fallis rehab I believe. NVIV now has patient # 2 enrolled as well. Should be able to take patient #3 in another approx 30 days. NVIV is an OTC . NVIV did do an offering yesterday and has plenty of money now to see them through next Pivotal Trail which will be much larger.
NVIV only has to prove safety for this trail. No problem ...... Their " scaffold is made of the same material that has been used for sutures etc for many years. My bet is they will up list by mid 2015.
Cheers all . Good luck.