been buying and selling stocks longer than you have been born. markets and stocks tank rather quickly. can you handle a 30% stock market drop? maybe, maybe not. Don't forget, EPS on this stock are negative.
This is a 3 times a week IV vs an oral sensipar tablet. Unless the AMGN drug kicks but vs sensipar, the transition to convert will be slow. It looks like amGn could file an NDA in late 2015. If approved in late 2016, not likely to impact NPSP NPV by very much that late in the game. maybe a $1 a share of lost value. AMGN is just looking for their own product extension. Sensipar will be generic in 2018.
Not a major issue. NPSP only receives royalty on sensipar until 2018. I would guess that AMGN may take a few years anyway to roll out the new drug if it a substitute.
AMGN 416 could compete with Sensipar (Cinacalcet) in future. They will have results from head-to-head study next year.
Amgen Announces Positive Phase 3 Results for AMG 416 for the Treatment of Secondary Hyperparathyroidism in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease Receiving Hemodialysis
"Secondary hyperparathyroidism can be a challenging disease to manage and control. There is an
important role for an effective calcimimetic that can be administered intravenously with hemodialysis to
help treat this disease," said Sean E. Harper, M.D., executive vice president of Research and
Development at Amgen. "We are encouraged by the results of this study and look forward to sharing
results from a second placebo-controlled study later this year, and a head-to-head study evaluating AMG
416 compared to cinacalcet next year."
Me too. Loading up for a grand total of 20 shares and when it goes to 50 I will be able to afford a yurt in Mongolia with a little pony.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
This is going down right now for two reasons: first is obviously the overall biotech and market selloffs due to Yellen, Israel, Russia. Malasian Airlines, etc. The second reason is that according to the NYTimes, the deal to buyout Shire will be announced in the morning - I suspect before market open , but definitely before market close. Tomorrow is the deadline placed on Shire and Abbvie to cut a deal or walk for six months. With this deal it is unlikely that NPSP will be bought out by the combined entity anytime soon. I'm now staying out until before the Natpara approval.
alot of buyers bought only becuase of buyout speculation by shire - now that the shire/abbv deal is going to happen, those buyers are bailing out, for a loss most likely. i am going to wait unti shire/abbv formally announce the buyout, nps will probably drop a bit more from that announcement - then I WILL BE BUYING MORE NPS SHARES.
Shorts and day traders - look at the long term chart. Several times people posted sire forecasts, shorts piled in and it went up, up, up.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. I think the offer will need to be revised again and, even then, for shpg to put themselves in a position where it is possible ABBV can back out if the inversion benefit falls flat is a bad move. Just a guess, but I think this is not moving forward when it all plays out.
not sure what your talking about - but maybe YOU should CHECK YOUR work.
Status Filled at $1.20
Description CALL (NPSP) NPS PHARMACEUTICALS JAN 15 16 $50 (100 SHS)
Action Buy to Open Call
Quantity 2 Contracts
Order Type Limit at $1.20
Time in Force Day
Trade Type Margin
Market Session Standard
Order Date 07/16/2014, 10:04:14 AM ET
just bought more call contracts today - Jan2016 $50. strike for $1.20 per contract, less than what i paid the other day of 1.50 per contract.
jojnny:i bought this stock at average ,TEN,my interest is to hold.someday it will pay very good money for long holders GLTA.