I spoke to an Eleanor in the Cayman Islands yesterday she didn't give up any information nor did she have any answers about what any outcome would be they are not allowed to discuss anything. Shorts and longs are all done.
If you want a good stock to invest in the clean energy department I recommend CPST. They make micro turbines and are on the rise, check out this video.
The stock is worth zero, meaning my offer of $.40 is generous. I'm giving you an opportunity to recover something for your shares. I have no problem holding on until the shares are canceled but would like to free up that small amount of liquidity and forget about it, as I'm sure some holders of stock would also like to do.
you are not only one ...how many shorts are stuck now without chance to unload shares or buy more ...? For sure, once the LDK hit market again, it is going be a lot of desperate shorts ready to buy and cover ....
I have enough shares to satisfy some of you but the price is not right ...You cannot offer below market price which it is still $1 ....Why you don't offer $2 if you need limited number of shares :) ?
Pipi: what's is happening now ? people are buying now without using market ...
The recent Bloomberg article (headline: "China Promoting Recovery in Solar Industry, Local Official Says") indicated they would be halted through the restructuring process, which means months at minimum, possibly years. The stock is absolutely worth zero when it emerges from restructuring - either current shares will be completely wiped out or diluted so badly by bondholders that it will be effectively worthless.
I have a short I want to cover. I am currently paying 30% annualized borrow cost to my broker; I would rather take my profit and stop paying that cost. Unless you are being paid to lend your shares (most retail customers are not) then it doesn't make sense for you to continue holding LDK, making my offer a good one.
You are delusional if you think this stock has any chance of being worth more than a dime. The bondholders are not going to go quietly into the night and, best case scenario for current shareholders, they will end up diluting ownership down to nothing.
Something is not make sense to me.
1. Why you are throw away $2000? If you are know $0 value.
2. Even you are short sell, then just wait until $0 value or you are not sure yet.
3. Still 50/50 on the table between $0 to $2
I will buy up to 5,000 LDK shares from you at $.40 despite the trading halt. The stock is a zero once it starts trading - my $.40 bid is generous. If you agree, I'll place funds in escrow, you DTC the shares to my account... once I receive the shares, funds are released from escrow and you just unloaded sold LDK shares. I'll also pay the escrow fees and any fees your broker charges to transfer the shares. Send me a private message if interested.