Warren Buffet hasn’t got anything on these guys. Short term trading at its finest, Ultimate Stock Alerts (do a Google search for them)
Also, WMC is an extremely well-run mREIT now with a whopping yield of 17.83%.
I bought a couple of batches a few years ago. My cost basis is $30.04. I'm probably just about even or a little behind in terms of total return.
I'm very, very disappointed in the performance of this mREIT the past few years. Gary Kain gets credit from many for being a brilliant manager, but he has made HORRENDOUS mistakes the past few years.
I'm still holding to collect the dividend and because I feel that the share price will eventually recover to some degree.
THANKS....@tojuro. TWO is a hybrid isn't it? the divi. is solid....I will check out MDIV. What is your take on NYMT, NCT (NRZ, SNR) both are spinoff from NCT. Thanks....
THANKS @goodell.......I bought this in the Summer of 2011 when it was $27/sh. My DIVI. gets re-invested since then....and the shares have grown considerably. Hate to see it goes down like this. I have reduce both AGNC & MTGE but still have lots of shares left. I plan to hold on for the long term as well......
I am holding. I knew when I bought, that the SP would be range bound by definition so it is an income stream.The returns have been great ( about $ 30 ) . I trust this management team for the long haul. I don't want them to take chances that are unwarranted !
I held AGNC from practically when it was founded, and also had two other REIT positions (NLY & TWO) up until a month or two ago. I'm completely out of REITs (directly) now. What it comes down to is that the performance hasn't been good since the big drop off a year or two ago, and I don't need the potential volatility ahead.
I read these people here claiming AGNC is safe no matter what happens with rates, but it's priced like it is, with a 10%+ yield, for a reason. Good for them if they are right, but enough people see a risk to keep me away for now.
I put about half the REIT funds into a diversified dividend ETF (MDIV), which has about 20% in REITS, and the rest is in the cash till I see something that looks like a value. The ETF doesn't pay as much as AGNC, even before fees(.60%), but it should weather whatever is ahead much better.
I sold 30% of my AGNC last month.....I thought perhaps it will stabilize....It seems to react BADLY to rising interest rate news....more so than most. Anyone here plan to HOLD onto AGNC for the long term? (3-5 yrs)? If so, please let me know your thoughts on this stock....
yeah, but NLY move was from a gradual increase in volume..AGNC move was knee jerk, I think.
plus, NLY is getting into commercial non-mREIT investments, which I think in my infinite wisdom to be a sound idea as opposed to such jimcrackery as badly second guessing the Fed, and buying your competitors stock. I lost a lot of money on IMH..remember them? AGNC is starting to smell like that...
The volume is not only AGNC but NLY also. NLY has twice the volume of AGNC and made similar move Friday and today. I doubt it has anything to do with buybacks, likely to do with options positioning.
I think the bond market has figured out that the rate hike will be put off for a while as GDP and inflation are in
negative territory. Feds are data dependent, data over the last 6 months shows the economy is actually been slowing considerably.