Of course Copper had to chime in on this when one of his former conspirateurs turned over. I can't wait to see your posts when the hold is lifted, etc. Agree with Kad- right now nothing else matters but removal of the partial clinical hold. Even Biotech agrees that the safety data from IMAGINE will be enough to do that now with no animal tox testing.
And with 434 on the way into the clinic, which I believe has a stronger iron attraction things could get very exciting.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
" the market understands one key thing: We are years away from seeing material progress toward approval of a Prana drug."
goutah, your topic title should be "Common Sense", not "Speculation". When Prana announced only safety results and not total results of the Imagine phase 2 extension on the last day of the 2nd quarter, that put the finishing touch on the market's perception of Prana. Surely they understand that holding back Imagine Phase 2 with extension results until AAIC will not be to their advantage. IMHO PBT2 will not make any waves at AAIC.
Some day we may learn the full story of the reason for the FDA's Partial Clinical Hold for HD. Considering Prana's typical speed, that will take some time. In the meantime the PCH remains in effect, Prana still awaits their first product worthy of commercialization, and the financial stats reflect that.
If you read that entire article I posted, that was just part of it, it gives a really good insight into how the MM works. He can naked short to create liquidity and he also wants a profit. He controls prices all through the day when things are slow. Once he has shorted it down he needs to find a way to make investors cough up stock to cover. It sure sucks, but I am not sure it is sinister in any way. I guess the last thing he wants is to generate a buy signal to tech traders which could run the price up. You can observe as he walks it down he stops before taking it into the very oversold territory, then after a few days once the indicators have recovered he will walk it down again. Hopefully we have a few near in milestones which will stop those games. Particularly the partial hold removal.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
well, actually I didn't have any PRAN short positions (too low pps to short). I have covered short positions for another biotech scam CBLI and used some gain for PRAN spec. invest. I was waiting for low enough pps to minimize possible losses if Prana management decide to pursue with animal TOX studies. Will keep my 15k shares (average $1.15) for possible run up event (hope it will happen in July-August).
OK so you are long and covered all your short positions?
most likely that FDA will agree with 2 years safe data for 250 mg PBT2 daily and remove phase III HD hold without animal tox studies.
If buy at $1.15 possible losses can be -30% (if pps drop to $0.8 on phase III trial delay); if ph3 HD starts with 250 mg PBT2 daily the news can induce "run up" and pps can go to $2.50-3 (for short time).
Well, after covering short positions in another biotech scam CBLI I'll buy may be 10-15k PRAN shares.
Goutah, you are in denial. Prana is a HD drug developer right now. IF they make it to an NDA for HD, then market cap could rise to the $4B mark.
Now the 2 year safety data is in, the only thing that matters is the removal of the partial hold. That is the direct path to the NDA. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.
The AD extension results mean next to nothing now we have the safety. Better sell your shares now if all depends on the IMAGINE extension. Prana have always said they will take PBT2 to market in HD. Nothing has changed.
I agree great extension results would bring PBT2 for AD back into contention for the spotlight, but I think we will just get more of the same, maybe a little better, but still not enough to shift HD out of the front position. Sell, I may want them.
All just my opinion.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
"Therefore, ferrous iron may be a promising target for ICH in future"
"Traumatic Brain Inury" comes to mind.
Per Stockconsultant, indicators are Bullish, with shares oversold, odds favoring "long" trades. Strong support at $1.10, Triple, Strength 10 ... IMO, in view of upcoming catalysts (i.e. lifting of FDA Hold and efficacy results of AD Extension trial), slowing adding to existing position.
Well, we're still waiting for efficacy results from the extension. The safety results, while certainly good news, did not affect the share price, which remains near its all-time low. Will the efficacy results affect the share price? I have no idea, and neither does anyone else. But the market understands one key thing: We are years away from seeing material progress toward approval of a Prana drug. Approval of a Prana drug will require at least one more set of double-blind clinical results (presumably a Phase III for Huntington's). And there is simply no way we can expect such results any sooner than two years from now. And it will likely be longer than that. Or perhaps we'll never see further results. And we don't know whether those results will show efficacy. In the meantime, AD, which was supposed to be Prana's bread and butter, sits on the back burner, where it will remain for many years, if not forever. Unless, of course, the IMAGINE extension results are mind-blowinglly good, which they might be. But if they're not mind-glowingly impressive, there's simply no way Prana will be able to afford further AD clinical trials anytime soon, if ever. A year ago I was somewhat optimistic that Prana would get to the $3 to $4 ballpark. This was based on the assumption that a Phase III HD trial would get underway by late 2014 or early 2015. But I've lost that optimistic view. I'll continue to hold my shares until we see the IMAGINE extension results, but I won't be holding my breath.
LOL....this is not a "buy" on a swing trade till this trades under 1.07-1.10 at a min....the stock has been on a bear slop from 13 bucks....they have TWO failed AD drugs and one HD on FDA hold....they don't have cash to full pay for trails...they are cooked. The pops up are short lived and the stock is thin traded so hard to day trade.... you make more money SHORTING Pran then this 80 bagger BS.