Although SDRL has given a solid dividend since Q4 2007 it is not a given. SDRL announces earning the 29th of August and hopefully around this time we will hear the positive results and new dividend date – GLTL’s
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Ignore the doom people. They make a living by telling you what will sell. Go to the last cc where the ceo flat out said he could not wait till next 1'4 results because they are going to be even greater then positive people expect. They also indicated that the dividend will be =to or greater for the next 1.5 years.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
joe scottrade shows x date 6/10 pay 6/19. it just paid. you will probably have to go to the website to find when they declare the next one. i just bought 200 shares that i had a buy order in for a couple of weeks. it may go down more. if it does i will buy more. i do not spend all of my money right after the div is paid. there are those who are willing to help you. ignore the others.
I got out today, @ $39.84/share. Nice trade, I collected the divi for a couple of quarters too. I'll go back in if it drops back down to $36/share, but I suspect there will be a market sell-off in the 2nd half of 2014 and there will be better deals when that happens. GLTA
With this crisis in the middle east in early stages, the oil prices are only going to shoot up big. When that happens, all the oil stocks including SDRL, RIG etc. are going to explode. Time will tell.
Perhaps just another low volume take down in premarket to give the big boys a chance to buy cheap. I put in a bid above the low and they wouldn't hit me.
May be just premarket machinations. Could get back up in the regular market. On the other hand the volume is not insignificant.
They had SDRL as a hold as it went up huge amounts. The price of this stock is secondary for me - it is the divi that matters - as long as the divi holds and I believe it will - eventually the yield will settle at 8% as it becomes clear that the divi is safe. If yield gets back to 10% I will add 50% more shares.
One of the oldest scams in the market - identify a near term resistance point (just above $40), begin shorting one day, release a downgrade overnight, keep shorting on low volume pre-market (to widen the gap), then begin covering during regular trading.
The Euros learn well from the Wall Street mafia.