The net float its barely about 1.1M shares, which maybe now a million or under a million if CMTL bought back additional shares since my previous float calculation. I see short interest increased, if guidance for 2014 is maintained or increased, should increase PPS. Interesting numbers to watch for this coming Monday, revenues with revenue guidance for 2014, EPS with EPS guidance for 2014, coupled with the backlog numbers should be a good one, two, three punch combination to the shorts which should start covering based on the guidance.
Volume has been really weak for over a year. It picked up a bit in this most recent run but nothing really that special. There have been weeks CMTL traded over a million shares, but not in a while. Seems like only a major earns beat or miss would be enough to generate that level of activity.
The way I see it, could be wrong, feel free to correct. Q4 results propelled the stock price from mid 20's into current levels. Insider buying playing a role as well. If Q1 results beat analyst expectations, it will certainly provide a boost/will promote soft shorts to run for cover. What I'm saying here is if we look at the float, 15.8 Million shares, of those about 89.5% are held by institutions, about 3.5% held by insiders, for 93% 'ownership of the float'. Leaving 7% as net float, or 1.1M shares. Of these 1.1M shares 'net float', about 390K shares are short shares. About 35% of the 'net float' are shorts. Good Q1 results and the shorts that are already worried (those who did not cover in this 25 - 30 upwards in price) should be triggered into covering (margin calls perhaps?) and we will have at least a couple more points in the share price. Comments?
That the Comtech board allowed Kornberg to bring back Pres Windus, a guy long retired who adds no value, is another example of a company that has no regard for its shareholders. The company and it's board are a farce. Friends of Fred - nice job!
Just doesn't seem normal. Upwards movement of about 25% with no heavy volume. It lends itself to speculate on either acquiring or being acquired. The 200 million note is now listed in the current liabilities. They got this a few years ago and never used it. A few years ago they had a tremendous position. In my opinion this is it, use it or lose it, don't really think they would get anybody to give them 200 million again. All that interest paid (millions) was a total waste. Those who got in at 24 congratulations. I need low 30's to breakeven.
Comtech Telecommunications (NASDAQ: CMTL) reported Q4 EPS of $0.28, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $0.22. Revenue for the quarter came in at $84.4 million versus the consensus estimate of $83.68 million.
Comtech Telecommunications sees FY2013 revenue of $320-340 million, versus the consensus of $329.20 million.
GAAP diluted EPS is expected to be between $1.07 and $1.19. Adjusted EBITDA for fiscal 2014 is expected to be in the range of $53.0 million to $57.0 million.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I am short..i just want to win 10-15% then I sell it...i don't invest in long term..if u want to invest in long term..then go with GLUU ...add GLUU to ya watch list...Under 2.50 is a good buy....leave it for 1 year..u will make big money..i believe it will go up to 4/share
How much manipulation are they going to induce (big investors) because this company relies heavily in government contracts. The government is shutdown currently so that itself is playing with my decision.
I am trying to find the perfect entry point but can't reason one yet.