just thinking out loud: all these talks about off-loading workloads, I wonder what does the getting offloaded guy say about this change. will be interesting to watch, alliances to offload against the sole guy getting off-loaded from.
go down enough, if investment conference talks show ethernet turning around as advertised by management, might make for another good trade again - buy in summer, sell in Feb for a nice turn-around play.
have not gone through the cc for elx or qlgc yet, off hand:
1. qlgc/elx guided -10%/-3.5% and both came in low at -13.5%/5%. But even the -5%, memory serves me, is better than seasonal.
2. qlgc's shortage due to ethernet not performing because 'customers are taking longer to qualify the new servers'. FC did better than they expected. Qlgc picked up major market shares for the Q. Should be over 60% FC market share now.
3. But don't think the market share gains that will be reported will be as good as it reads. 3 months ago I said that elx will be using this as their kitchen-sink quarter and with the buyout, I am sure they deferred some shipments so the new owner will look good down the road.
4. They are still reporting 90+% share in the all-flash market. Since that market is growing fast, that's encouraging.
5. ethernet is supposed to recover to be a 2H story. So not expecting the stock to be just market bound the next six months. Will have to follow their investment conference talks to get any updated small changes in the business.
Will go read both transcripts and see what more I can see. I tuned into qlgc cc and I was able to get in right after the questions period = no interest in the stock/company if there's room in the feed for anyone to join that late. Guess that got reflected in the after hours, zero movement.
Now see what else I can pick on on their transcripts.