Run-up a day right before ex-div. Dump shares tomorrow. Whoever bought at $20.58 today can be made whole with a $0.80 profit so long as the shares stay above $21.38 by tomorrow's open.
I hope you all see where this is going with AGNC. I will probably use the same tactics. Nobody is holding these, they are just coming in last minute for a quick scalp.
Turdy guy I plan to hold through August earnings. I see a small Divy run up and a very small drop on ex, the money goes with a good earnings in August. If wrong I pay the freight. I would sell on a big run up and buy back in perhaps .
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Is anyone out there planning to trade BMY this quarter during its dividend run up?
Thanks for your reply. I too hope that BMY will have a good dividend run up...I hope.
I humbly predict that LINE has the potential to reach $39 per share at the peak of its April 2013 distribution run up. I am currently holding Long 1,833 $36 May 2013 Calls and my exit point is $39. I have heard some people out there say $39.50 or even $40 per share. But to me, I think $39 will be our high.
What do you guys think will be the Distribution Run Up High for LINE this quarter?
Looks like your timing was perfect!
So any idea if there will be an actual dividend run up from here?
Anyone planning to trade this coming BMY dividend run up. Today it was down and I went in this noon and bought 100 BMY $46 July 2013 Calls for 1.99 each, yesterday these same calls were selling for 3.10 each.
Anyone else buying or planning to trade BMY this quarter?
I see $27.90 as the bottom, it seems to me we are very close to the bottom (I hope I am correct with my opinion, but I may be wrong). I don't have a crystal ball and I don't have any superpowers either. But I have a gut feeling that AGNC's price per share could be hovering around $29 per share a few days before AGNC announces their dividend (possibly during the middle of the 2nd week of June 2013).
Possible Scenario # 1
Let's say that they announce the usual $1.25 dividend...I would guess that the price would go up to $29.50 - $29.75 at the height of the dividend run up, but no more and no higher I fear because of the future uncertainty of the next dividend.
Possible Scenario #2
But let's say that AGNC management cuts their dividend to $0.90 - $1 per share or less, in that case, I don't know what can happen. I do admit that last time AGNC management cut their dividend, the stock price of AGNC went up instead of going down...but only time will tell what will happen.
What do you guys think the AGNC June 2013 dividend run up will look like? How high do you think we will go? Do you think that AGNC will slash their dividend or not?
I see that NTI is approaching its distribution declaration date which could be between May 13-15. But I also hear about rumors of an imminent price capitulation for NTI. Which one do you believe is more likely to happen, a distribution run up or a downward capitulation for NTI?
Coincidently I think I was looking at that last night Xion.
I guess I was waiting for a drop which we got today.
Just because it ran up pretty good in May, and I think ex was still almost a month away, so no hurry.
I sold my July 35's when LINE peaked up to $38.99 not too long ago and then I went back in with May $36 Calls a few days after. I took my profits at the peak and came back when the price pulled back. These are my new guerrilla tactics, hit and run. If I meet my target earlier than expected, I pull the trigger and run with my winnings, and come back after it has pulled back.
You're out of Line ? I held to long as usual,thinking there would be a run to ex;(similar to my KMP calls) I got out of line at BE yesterday.I bought some calls and shares in NTI hoping for a run to distribution,but don't follow me,I still have some AGNC calls,thinking that earnings would be good ,lol.My hope is that NTI follows Cvrr's trend up.I read that negative piece on NTI,it was based entirely on technical trading charts,nothing about fundamentals.
The run up to the dividend didn't occur for PSEC. I think the ATM sales by PSEC put a lid on the price. Let's hope they let it recover quickly after ex before continuing their ATM sales.
Turbo wrote: "Ideally the stock quickly runs up a little beyond my b/e in the coming days and I'll just get out "earlier yet" and probably count myself lucky after last week's scare."
Agree. For me this was a play based on a SPO before the possible dividend run. Then, as you know, we got the VLO related refiner smack down. I watched VLO (along with other refiners) and when it stabilized, I added more CLMT (and took a position in ALDW). Yesterday I exited some CLMT and exited the rest today. The reason being is that we are approaching the SPO price area and there is a good chance you'll run into some weak hands here that bought the SPO and took a hit out of the box that are going to be happy to get out at BE.
If that plays out, I'll trade in and out around this area. It if shoots up through it, I'll miss it. MLP's, in general, remain strong so you have the broad sector strength behind you.
SPWR up 8%
FSLR up 11%
JASO up 50%
I think that the other solar stocks are getting spill over from JASO which reported good results today.
I'm now up 48% on SPWR. Not bad for a stock I bought less than 3 weeks ago. Solar is hot right now. I won't make as much as I did on the 2007 solar run up because I don't have as much invested. Use your own judgment and don't play with money you can't afford to lose. I use trailing stops on these rocket stocks as there is no point in giving back your gains. I stopped out of TSLA and it hasn't gone up that much more since. My guess is the money can be better deployed elsewhere for now as the easy money has been made.
Investors are acting crazy right now and I suspect they are going to get burned eventually. That is why you need the stops. This ride has to come to an end eventually but who knows, it may last for another 6 months. We won't know until it ends.
Wait until everyone who lost big in 2008 jumps in just in time for the next big correction. Some people never make money. Just like in nature it is the survival of the fittest. If you don't understand what you are doing you will lose.
The next quarter,after they finish the Berry deal,40+ is no problem.Whatever it hits pre Ex is my exit date,I have many less calls then you X,you move markets .First up with earnings is KMP 4/17 next week,GLTA