June 18, 2013
15:14 EDT MNKD MannKind CFO says will consider partnering after examining data
MannKind CFO Matthew Pfeffer said the company has considered waiting to partner until after FDA makes approval determination for AFREZZA, but thinks "optimal" time to partner may be before approval decision is made.
I think logically it makes sense prior to approval. If they wait, how long would that push a launch back to? I can say that if the 2 trial results in August come back positive, our odds of FDA approval are as close to 100% as you can get in this crooked world. If the drug works, which they have shown it does before, and based on the FDA asking to test children at the age of 4, that is a pretty good indicator to me. Again,JMHO
"After approval " is a BIG concern. All along we've been too this fall and now a change??
Remember we were supposed to "have a partner by 2q 2012" remember that?? Before you plant your thumbs down here consider this...where will our finances be in 2q 2014??
6 months ago we had to do a big offering at $2 and warrants?? Think about it now everyone here is rah rah but we just had our biggest volume day ever and it was ugly and down.
The reason is they need to build out manufacturing. I can't remember how many doses they can manufacture in Danbury, but not enough. They need sales and manufacturing in place BEFORE approval. They could possibaly get a higher price post approval, but would not be logical to get afrezza to market.
Sentiment: Strong Buy