I would buy the replacement shares now and then wait 30 days and sell the other shares for your loss. If you have the extra cash and a strong stomach. I bought at $36 and been thinking about buying more now. This stock could go either way real fast.
I have some gains that I can use the loss to offset. I like the stock and want to buy it back. My thoughts are if LNCO is going lower or staying flat in the next 30 days then the loss is actually valuable in lowering my capital gains from the sale of a different stock. Just want an opinion on where the price of LN.CO might go which NO ONE has offered.
I say if you think the deal goes through this could pop 7, 8, or 9 real fast. and you would get to buy a lot higher than you sold. I always hope to pay a lot of taxes at the en of year means I made a lot of money. oh ps if you want to take a loss sell this and buy line as replacement. to my knowledge would be a different holding, if you think deal goes through. just a thought.
I would just hold the stock and collect the dividend for now.
If the bottom is not in were darn close to it.You have 4 1/2 months left to sell for a 2013 loss.
You can't lose much more at this point.