al_the_pro = feeed = pumper = worse because he uses the google group he has, to make up a pumping website called investorstemcell that pumps his drivel through the press as press releases.
they're onto you feeed.
1. You can see the cells working here, as opposed to GERN;
2. Evidence of Safety (and efficacy ultimately) will come, therefore much more quickly and through direct observation of the site being treated (the retina);
3. The trial subjects are numerous and easily found;
4. Trials will be happening in multiple indications, in multiple global markets, including Korea and, we expect, in the EU, with orphan status there too;
5. This trial has orphan status in the U.S., and will have some advantages in terms of being expedited, and some people speculate also, for compassionate use;
6. This is a Phase I/II trial, not simply a Phase I, and has not so many trial subjects.
7. These cells address HUGE, accessible markets with a real treatment/potential cure, with a procedure for delivery that is very simply and easily provided at most local hospitals eventually. One can't discount the possibility that doctors will prescribe them for many, many off-label indications, once they are approved.
8. Given the above, the market capitalization has been consistently less than GERN's, and this company has no debt and quite a bit of potential for powerful and also limited JV, opportunities. GREN is a great company too, but my excitement is for the technology in this company for now.
9. These trials are, by far, not all that the company has going for it, in terms of technologies pending.
10. This company has patents that profoundly affect the prospects for direct competition, in my opinion. I expect that they will seek to participate, in different trials though, so the hope is that they will benefit from the use of their cells, and will not just give away that technology for cheap. They must avoid cannibalizing their own markets (with licensing deals) before they are able to reap the benefits, but I expect that they know this and will deal only from strength now.
11. Therefore, in my opinion, the company is in a unique position, globally, even in comparison to GERN.
This is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security, these are my thoughts about the technology. Everyone should do their own due diligence and not believe whatever is written here by anonymous posters, including by me. Look to the company web site, medical and science journals, the UPSTO.gov and SEC.gov web sites, popular media, science blogs, and make your own decisions on portfolio allocation after discussing your finances with a licensed financial advisor. Good luck!