from Mike C. at Icell....
Matt Vincent Presentation to American Institute of Chemical Engineers Feb. 9th
These comments are based on Matt Vincent's presentation to the American Institute of Chemical Engineers meeting on Feb. 8th and our private conversation before the meeting:
1. The 3rd SMD patient was treated at Jules Stein Eye Institute on Feb. 8th.
2. Another possible indication for RPE cells is for premature babies. They often have poorly formed RPE layers. A father had just called Matt Vincent asking about treatment for his newborn daughter a few days ago.
3. An additional major clinical site will be announced soon.
4. A Chinese JV is still being worked on, the Chinese opportunity is too big to ignore. They have to be very careful as to how to structure any Chinese JV due to government restrictions on foreign stock ownership in Chinese stem cell companies.
5. The top eye hospital in China is the Tongren Beijing Hospital, which sees 4,000 eye patients per week.