Obummer, the flipper. People take off the blinders.
▪ Voted against increasing the debt limit; then supported raising it.
▪ Campaigned against the Bush tax cuts; then extended all of them.
▪ Promised to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term; then proposed trillion dollar deficits.
▪ Vowed the unemployment rate would be below 8% if his stimulus was passed; but then it broke 10%.
▪ Promised shovel ready jobs; then admitted they weren’t shovel ready.
▪ Said if you like your health plan you can keep it; but then threw seniors off Medicare Plus and employers are now saying they’ll dump people onto the public exchange.
▪ Promised to have health care negotiations on live TV, but then reversed himself.
▪ Indicated Bush violated the Constitution; then carried out warrantless wiretaps, indefinite detentions, secret renditions, quadrupled drone attacks, and kept Guantanamo Bay open. Voted against the Patriot Act, but then supported its extension.
▪ Said lobbyists wouldn’t work in the White House; then gave them waivers to work there.
▪ Vowed to take public financing for his 2008 campaign; then refused public financing when he realized he would receive more money without it.
For fiscal conservatives the BIG one is your guy:
▪ Called it unpatriotic to pile up so much debt, borrowing from the Chinese and saddling our kids with a financial legacy which will last generations.
And then he added $5,000,000,000,000 to the debt in a single term.
What did we get for what we spent?
GDP at 1.3%.