Here are the question that you pumpers can't answer:
1. How can ALU go up, when it has 8B in debt???
2.. How can ALU go up, when it margins went down to 29% while CSCO raised its margins to 62%?
3. How can ALU go up, when it just lost Ben, the CEO who was working on its loses for so long?
4. How can ALU go up, when it has only 1B left by now, and is losing 600 Million each quarter???
GET REAL, PEOPLE! BANKRUPTCY IMMINENT!
The only thing I will say is , and I've said it b4, I don't care about all these patents they have and the contracts that keep " Pouring in " , ya gotta make a profit on what
You take to the market place and clearly there not.
You are 100% correct. Great patents and products and contracts mean very little if ALU remains unable to turn a profit.
And for those who say...."well, they are restructuring"....I suggest you consider that ALU has been restructuring for 7 straight years, and with the exception of 4Q end of year capex dumps, ALU has been largely unable to show profitability.
Personally, I hope they can pull it off this time. And the fact that we have a CEO with proven cost-cutting experience gives me some small level of confidence.
But make no mistake about it: MICHEL'S PLAN IS IT.
We are currently in the early stages of ALU's last realistic chance to turn the company around without having to resort to one off measures like a Right's Issue, or selling shares either directly, or implied through a convertible bond, to an investor...which often prove painful to shareholders.
LVS was a company deep in debt in 2008 & 2009. The stock price went from $140 to $1.38. LVS used the money they borrowed to build the most profitable Casino Integrated Resorts in the world that essentially print money for shareholders. The stock price is now approximately $60, after doubling their shares outstanding.
Can ALU succeed by digging itself out of its hole due to too wide a focus with too many employees. I think, yes. ALU's stock price can easily go up 50% this year and another 50% next year.
Forces in ALU's favor for short term appreciation are Q1's, throw every possible bad number into the report; and accelerated job cuts. (Both the number of workers & sooner.)
Mid term and longer term prospects in ALU's favor are accelerated telecom spending to upgrade congested 3g networks to 4g LTE networks. That upgrade also increases data demand that plays into upgrading wire line, optical and edge routers. ALU makes world class quality products that will address this exponential demand for data and speed.
You are comparing Apples with Watermelons! (Not even with oranges)
First, LVS was in business with Credit, and it was bed time for all players that involved credit such; Banks, Casinos, Insurers etc...
People failed on the credit and LVS incurred losses. But, LVS was making money overall! It has good margins and was still profitable!
Once the situation got resolved, they all went back up! You can't compare that with ALU's situation!
ALU makes no money!
ALU is losing money!
Margins are falling!
Huge debt payment of 8B coming due soon!
OPEN YOUR EYES!
Anyway, I am making money! I own JCP, HPQ and AMD!
Why, I don't post there? Simple! I am making money and I do not care if anyone makes money with me or not. That is the biggest reason these pumpers here are paid! Once you know you will make money, you don't care for others, you enjoy your ride up!
Finally, I am here because I have over 20 years experience and I know how the HEDGE FUNDS manipulate people through their Paid Pumpers and their websites; Motley Fool, Seeking Alpha, Wallstreet Cheat Sheet, Light Reading etc..... So, I want to present you the other side! To save the innocent people here from losing money, cause I know where this is going-straight to Bankruptcy. They are ambushing you, as you can see, they are not able to respond to my questions!
Unless the French govt. buys into ALU and underwrites their pension plan....BK is off the table. The French govt. has its own problems and will not be able to finance or orchestrate this situation.
I see the most conservative bank in the world....Deutsche Bank has upgraded ALU from hold to buy.
Also the markets like what Combes did at Vodaphone and have confidence that he will implement the same at ALU. This the reason that Goldman Sachs approved the temporary bridge loan.
1. While it has Cash nearly 8B. Net Debt is nearly Zero.
2. Now you know, that ALU is much Room for much better Margins than in the Past.
3. Ben the "Political Correctness CEO" has gone, Combes the "Cost Cutter CEO" is in the House
4. They Burn 600M in one Year, not in one Quarter. Q1 is always worst.
You are the biggest PUMPER and biggest LIAR I have seen!
1. ALU has 8B in debt! DO some homework! You lie without shame!
2. ALU is trying to improve the margins since 2008 and has consistently fail! While Ben was cutting costs back in 2011 and 2012, the margins in Q1 2013 were to be improved. Unfortunately, the got worse! That tells you all!
3. Ben is a Knight of the British Crown! He will never file for Bankruptcy and leave with bad image! Combes was hired for file the BANKRUPTCY, same as NORTEL did. Just 6 months before the Bankruptcy they got new CEO. OPEN YOUR EYES!!! He has no time to fix it! IT takes years to implement restructuring and cost cuts! And, ALU has months left!
4. Finally, see the Q4 ALU lost 2B last year! And, 600 million on Q1. You lie with no shame! That is the biggest evidence that you are Paid Pumper. Or, you are very very uneducated!