"MacDailyNews presents live notes from Apple’s Q411 Conference Call Tuesday, October 18, 2011 · 4:54 pm · 6 Comments
MacDailyNews presents live notes from Apple’s Q411 Conference Call with analysts starting at 5pm EDT/2pm PDT today.
• Apple iPad sets new record in quarterly sales • Apple Mac sets new record in quarterly sales
• Apple “thrilled” to be shipping iPhone 4S and extremely excited about Siri personal assistant. • Lowes rolling out over 40,000 Apple iPhones in stores • As Apple expected, iPhone sales were negatively affected as expectations of a new iPhone in autumn spread after WWDC iCloud and iOS 5 announcements.
• Peter Oppenheimer, Apple CFO: “Looking ahead to the first fiscal quarter of 2012, which will span 14 weeks rather than 13, we expect revenue of about $37 billion and we expect diluted earnings per share of about $9.30.”
• Annual revenue of $108 billion and earnings of $26 billion • 17.07 million iPhones, representing 21 percent unit growth YOY • 11.12 million iPads, a 166 percent unit increase YOY • 4.89 million Macs during the quarter, a 26 percent unit increase YOY • Apple sold 6.62 million iPods, a 27 percent unit decline YOY • International sales accounted for 63 percent of the quarter’s revenue. • Gross margin was 40.3 percent compared to 36.9 percent in the year-ago quarter • Versus revenue of $20.34 billion and net quarterly profit of $4.31 billion, or $4.64 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter • Apple posted revenue of $28.27 billion, net profit of $6.62 billion, or $7.05 per diluted share
• Cook: Apple expresses gratitude for all of the condolences received on the passing of Steve Jobs. • Cook: The world has lost a visionary in Steve Jobs. His spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.
• Call begins • Awaiting start of conference call… • 4:53pm ET: AAPL down $26.44, or -6.26%, to $395.80 per share."
Steve Job died, and Apple will slowly die with him. I have to admit that Apple make good product, but its products are TOO EXPENSIVE. What you are wittnessing is The decline of iPhone sales signifies the end of an era of PRICE GOUGING by Apple.
if everyone is so pleased, and this was soooooo expected as everyone waited for the new iphone, how come none of the uber longs built that into thier models? All I heard was 450, 480, 500, eps 8.70. 9.15, 10, etc.