I need help.
Serious answers please.
An intelligent person that knows the market may help me. I would appreciate it.
I want out. Had enough! I am selling 1/2.. 50 shares tomorrow. Where would someone put a sell limit that might make sence for a Monday trade. I understand it's a difficult question but to me 50 shares is a lot of money to me. Maybe not to others but I would enjoy perserving some cash at the moment.
Too many negitive posts which makes sense. If the market goes down so does aapl. Can't take anymore pain.
Can't wait to hear these replys....
Follow the old adage "sell until you can sleep". How many shares that is to you is purely subjective. From a technical read the stock could test the next support level which is 565. IMHO.Good luck to you.
i think we all agree (longs and shorts) that apple will open down $6.00. the question is how fast will it plummet the next $12.00? could be a nano-second with trading bots in play. so place an order to sell fifty shares @ market before the open and save $12.00 a share. hope this helps.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Exactly why will AAPL open down $6, and why will it go down another $12? Its a long time until 9:30am. If you knew it was going down 3%, why wouldn't you short the poop out of it?
A Pre-market Limit order(cannot have a market anyway's) is most likely my best bet. Let's see what the a.m. looks like.
I still love my little AAPLE. I better. Still have $28,000 invested in AAPL
Note: Unless that scares me in the next couple of weeks and shakes me out...LOL
Let's hope not.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
If you sell you might regret it later on. This stock is very oversold so could be a bounce tomorrow then you can get out at a higher price. Do not sell at market, only fools buy/sell at market. Do a limit order or a trailing stop.
Call your brokerage house and ask to talk to someone, that is your safest bet. i've been told that i'm a risk taker... i say hold on to your shares, they don't expire. you will be glad you did!!!
Thank you I agree..
i appreciate it.
Sellin just half of the 100 shares. I still have a little excitment left in the game.
I am all loaded up at 583. I think I will change it to a market order at the open.
The problem is the market looks like it's going to open up lower. I can't get even a small break
There are a couple of things you can do and a few ways to do them. First, you can check what AAPL is doing in the pre-market. You can also enter a LIMIT order in the premarket to sell whatever number of shares you want to. Overseas trading will give you an idea of where AAPL is headed. I believe pre-market trading will commence at 8:00 am est. Your broker should be in then to help you. NEVER EVER enter a market order in after hours trading however.
If you can wait until about 9:45 est you can buy a put on your shares. You pay a premium, but are guaranteed to be able to sell your shares at an agreed upon price. You have to have had an options agreement in place however to do that.
If you do have an options agreement in place you can also put a collar on, but that may be getting a little advanced.
My suggestion is that if this causes you this much stress, you reconsider what your risk tolerance is and adjust accordingly. This is probably not the best place to get advice on a $57,000 investment.