Average cost price is 593, I was too greed for not selling it on Monday when it was 594. who would expect that it dropped more than 60 dollars in 4 days! The problem is that I used 100% margin to buy this thing, huge loss now. Should I take the loss now (40 K loss), or just wait for it to bounce back to 593? will it ever get back to 593? My feeling is that the price action today was very bearish, it could go to 485 in now.
Overall, now I think aaple is done for sure, long term trend will bring this thing back to 350 eventually. But I just want to sell when it does a dead cat bounce to at least back even on this thing, not sure whether it can bounce high enough to 593.
I bought 700 shares last 5 days almost all in, now I'm worried, BUT, none of the negativity is fact based. All baseless, it's all bull. I am not smart enough or experienced enough to offer advice, only food for thought.
Tax avoidance sales will end Jan 1. Apple has all redesigned product for Christmas, plus the NEW Ipad mini. Apple always beats consensus in first quarter and has biggest Iphone sales after all new design like Iphone 5 (eg. Iphone 4, not 4s). Macs are doing great even as conventional computers decline. Windows 8 will accelerate Mac acceptance as Mac desktop now looks more like windows than windows does and new IMacs are gorgeous and well priced.
Apple is down from 700, can regain 700 just as quickly as hype reverses and everyone rushes to get back in. Apple will find a bottom between now and Jan 1 and then steadily climb into earnings with a possible 50 point 1 day pop when they obliterate consensus. That's my take.
Please explain your rational for Apple being "done". There are no real indications for this. I've givin you my bullish rationale, where does the bear come from except thin air and fear.
What do you think of my take on this.
place an open order to sell @ market monday mornin with your broker tonight and get some rest. this way you wont have to worry about the bomb anymore.
hope this helps thomas
Sentiment: Strong Buy
The move from 510 to 594 was the dead cat bounce. But there may be a secondary one coming, since this thing looks very oversold short term. The main concern with this company is how long will the cell carriers continue to subsidize most of the cost of the iPhone. Another concern is when will the tablet fad fade.
Tablets won't fade at all !
I hope you all are familiar with Asus Taichi product.
Asus is a threat. A major threat.
Apple better get busy with this concept in a more powerful hardware package, like Air. A powerful and elegant notebook with touch and upgrade functions.
A glimpse of their latest ultrathin desktop gives some hopes.
You should only invest what you can afford to lose and buying on margin is extremely dangerous. Moving forward, you will never recover your losses if you sell. IF the fiscal is resolved soon, you will likely see a huge bounce. Why not wait 2 more weeks? There are too many investors that will not let Apple drop to $485 so it is very unlikely.
Obviously, it is a very volatile stock so no one really knows. Good luck!!!!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I meant that it could go down to 485 in no time, that will be the next support. should I sell now and buy back at 485 or just take the loss and never come back again? If I can break even on this stock, I will definitely sell and will never touch an individual stock again! The reason is that for a great company like apple, its stock was manipulated like crazy by the wall street, there is no trust really. In the future, I will only trade S&P 500.