Samsung cell phone battery explodes in man's pocket
Wow - second degree burns and just think if this battery was near the poor guy's head, ear. As this news spreads Apple goes higher and Samsung takes a possible hit.
Lithium-ion batteries are notorious for overheating, catching on fire, or exploding. Yet, they're in most electronics that people use daily. One such battery set ablaze over the weekend while in a man's pants pocket, according to the Associated Press. The man was walking around with his Samsung mobile phone in his pocket when the battery caught on fire, giving him second-degree burns and a one-inch wound on his thigh