Sold AAPL at 409.32, lost my shirt on this one, I forgot the basics of trading
1. Never turn a trade into an investment
2. When everyone is talking about a stock, it's too late to get in
3. When everyone is fearful and you want to be greedy, understand why people are fearful
4. In today's market it doesn't matter what a company has done, it's what they will do next.
5. Never try to catch a falling knife
6. Perception is reality, even if it doesn't make sense
7. Reasonable gains and acceptable losses
8. If you can't be in front of your screen from 9:30-4 EST use tools to protect from the downside
I would like to thank Mr. Cook, all the short sellers, and of course Jim Cramer and the rest of the CNBC crew for helping me remember all the things that I ignored. Oh well, you can’t win them all.