Funny how outlooks change in very short periods of time.
Why just in June, management was touring the country touting how excited they were at the opportunity to create REAL shareholder value over the next year and beyond. Now this week we NEED a new beginning and a new company. PI$$ED that money away huh?
Gout represented such a GREAT market need / opportunity. 6 months later, eh .... we don't even want to be in that business.
I'm sorry, but you guys saw the $ATM cash burn from a cheap base of operations like NC and AL for a single drug .... 5208. Now ......... you get to experience the effect of 4 or is it 5 phase 1 trials and a CA burn farm. Will Babu like competition for cash? Will he share the limelight? What personalities do they possess?
Don't get excited by the initial buying. They can't afford to have this deal look bad until AFTER the vote. See what the BCRX fund holders do AFTER they have had time to communicate and decide. By Nov, actual perception will show direction.
Till then, 5208 could still produce a pop. After that, I think things have to be re-evaluated and if I am still around, I intend to vote NO.
IMO no one will ask a person who has no clue.
The market will see BCRX as a player in the hep C field and this alone could be worth a pps $10+,
or a marketcap of $500mill. + at least , plus gout drug and peramivir BCRX should be worth $ 15+ right now.
Shorts will run to cover.
Better you cover now.
I was thinking the same thing. Who cares what a guy who owns 5k shares thinks? Who cares what a guy who doesn't know what's going on behind the scenes? If you don't like the decision, then sell your shares and move on because this is the direction the company is going in, like it or not.