The stock is in the hands of the traders now, who will create volatility as long as the fundamentals don't change or as long as volume remains strong. While it would have been nice to see the stock hold in the $4's until phase III, there probably aren't enough institutions willing to take on the risk and retail support is probably lean due to the "underwhelming" phase II results (underwhelming in that most people don't understand that 20% partial response and 30% stable disease is actually excellent when compared to existing treatments). Any way, unless you get an analyst that goes out on a limb (which they probably won't before the phase III results), we will be in the hands of the traders. They'll get bored when the volume dries up.
Well I also believe it will be traded for all it's worth for the next week or two until the volume dries up. It is obvious that there was a lot of share sold today by institutions. It also appears there were others who were more than happy to buy. Hopefully they have all positioned themselves now and it did seem like they let it free at the end of the day.
Haven't been watching thld too long, just a couple of months. Does anyone know if threshold had any shares on the shelf available for open market sales?
who are the morans here us or them.... well at leats i was able to make a couple of dollars on our recent 30% gain.. just as the great leader jimmy cramer says pigs get slaughtered... lol.... thinking of loading up here and possibly again if we go below $3...
Why can't you believe it? Initially, speculators and day traders jumped in when they saw the headlines of "positive results". Now, analysts have asked oncologists to review data and give their opinion. A limited study of 28 patients with 10 showing a "partial response". Hardly something to get over-excited about (unbridled enthusiasm?). True, anything that is helpful in anyway without it causing major toxicity for pancreatic cancer will be useful. However, the next Phase of clinical testing (which involves a more difficult group of patients) will be necessary to give Glufo more credibility. i certainly hope this does come to fruition, but right now shorting of THLD after it hit a PPS of 4 was just what the doctor ordered. IMO: if you bought THLD before the run-up, hold on; it may prove later on to be well-worth the money. If you bought on the hype--you have a decision to make; just don't expect "to the moon", just not yet.
It happens a lot. I short stocks like this every so often and always make out. This is just working out quicker and better than most (even beyond my expectations).
Pardon me if I'm a little excited. I'm up over 20% already. Excellent way to start the year.