My take on the potential of THLD over the immediate future.
1. Don't be short or even out of this stock over this weekend. If you are considering buying, I would buy today. The 10.2% ownership recently acquired by Federated indicates to me that this company is on the verge of a medical blockbuster which will cause a secular change in cancer treatment. Federated sees this and is betting big that THLD phase II and III tests will be successful.
2. The upcoming conference is a very big deal in this industry and THLD got invited to make a presentation after the filing deadline had expired. This would not have been granted if THLD didn't have very good Phase II result details; yet to be released to the general public. April 2nd should be a very good day for this stock.
3. I agree with the posters who said that an acquisition by Merck is not only feasible, but probable based on the milestone payments they have yet to make. Buy the company now or risk losing it to another big pharmaceutical company. An announcement to this effect could happen at any time. I wouldn't want to be out of the stock or short when this happens.
4. The European review of the partnership milestone payments could be announced as early as Monday before the opening bell. That announcement would certainly move the stock price.
5. Orphan Drug status most probably will be granted in the near future.
6. Phase II data could concievably be used in lieu of a formal Phase III test if the FDA feels that this is a life saving drug that needs to be dissiminated as soon as possible. THLD may ask for this exception.
7. THLD may have actually come up with a CURE for cancer. If that is the case this company's value is open ended. Who knows what the stock price would ultimately be.